Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1967 Mustang Fastback Folding Car Cover or Garage Type and Size

Hi All

I am hoping to get my 1967 Fastback in a few weeks time (after 3 years wait so its still a maybe) and my original storage place is now not available. I have a cover but Ive been told not to have it touching the paint work for long periods in the winter or when Iím not using it so much. I will need to store on my drive so Iím looking at folding covers/garages.

My question is does anybody have any recomendations and also what size should I be looking at

Budget about £500?

Carcoon

Normal covers suck
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

All depends on how good your paint is.

My 67 fastback has done 2 winters in a cover under my car port. That not ideal but the Mach 1 has pride of place in the garage at the moment.

I can see some minor scuff in parts due to cover, but to be fair it's only a minor issue and not a concern to me to be honest. Helps that only part of the car rear end/cover is exposed to weather and being in a warm part of the south east helps.

I'd go for a carcoon if was going to do it long term outside as Pete suggests, but if I were you better looking for longer term store as being a 67 fastback I'd worry about it being nicked more than getting it wet.

Chris
      sigpic
      Mind if I adjust your shift stick?

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang View Post
        Carcoon

Normal covers suck
        thanks Iíll take a look

Comment

Originally posted by tilts96 View Post
          thanks Iíll take a look
          Have you considered approaching local council to see if they have any garages to rent ?
          Editor Round Up
          2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
          2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
          1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by G19 View Post
            Have you considered approaching local council to see if they have any garages to rent ?
            I did this when I first got my Mustang, and got a garage. I ended up giving it to Pmustang for his wife to use, and she could only just squeeze her MGB in. Council garages are usually tiny
            1964.5 Mustang Convertible 289
            1991 Winnebago Itasca Sundancer 460 SOLD

Comment

As he said. I would have to cut up the Mustang to fit
              Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
              We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

The only way to park a mustang in a standard council garage is to get out , close the car doors and push it in....CAREFULLY! [-O<
                . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

Comment

Working...
                X