Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing from usa

Hi all
    Does anyone have any idea of the approximate cost to import a 2011 - 2014 mustang from the usa, also the cost for light conversions etc and best state to buy from

This should suit:

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/i...importing-s197
    1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
    2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
    2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Thank you, at a quick glance it looks like cheaper to buy one already imported here

Comment

The costs on Geoff's link are slightly out at the moment as the Dollar to £ is only around 1.27 not 1.60.

If you can find exactly or close to what you're looking for, or you don't have specific requirements, already in the U.K it will be cheaper than importing.
        If however like I did, you end up wanting something quite specific you'll have to Import or use someone to find one in the U.S for you.

When I first started looking in mid 2017 I found a car close to what I wanted in the U.K at £27k, it sold before I could get to see it.
        I ended up paying just over £30k in total as I had a far better choice from the U.S. and went for something slightly better.

$ to £ was 1.31 at the time.

Ron Fenton STS imports, who's on this forum, did the arrangements to get it here and arranged everything including I.V.A etc up to delivery to my door, leaving me to just buy plates and insure it.
        Last edited by mad4v8; 26-05-2019, 09:13 AM.
        Stuart
        2014 GT/CS

Comment

I really appreciate the info thanks
          Hoping to maybe sort one late this year early next year so asking now to see my options

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchenfitter View Post
            I really appreciate the info thanks
            Hoping to maybe sort one late this year early next year so asking now to see my options
            Hopefully after Brexit the $ / £ will have improved.
            Gives you time to look at all the possibles.

You put 2011 to 2014, I assume you've looked at the differences.
            13 / 14's have a revised front and LED tail-lights.

Mines a 2014 Gt Premium with Cali Special option (and comfort package), built 3 weeks before the end of s197 production.
            Picture is on the forecourt it came from.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Car.png
Views:	265
Size:	993.3 KB
ID:	1232673

Stuart
            2014 GT/CS

Comment

If you’re looking to get something specific like a GT500 or a Boss 302- it’ll work out ok, but not a standard car I wouldn’t think

Comment

I like the rear light shape and led tbh, and the Gt (5.0ltr) but will have to see whats available

Comment

Nice car btw

Comment

I am currently in the process of importing a 2011 GT500 from the US. As has been mentioned, anything other than a Shelby or Boss 302 I would look in the UK. If you do go down the import route, Ron Fenton is your man.
                    Current - 1967 Mustang 390 GTA Fastback
                    Previous - 1968 Coupe Sprint, 2005 GT & 2008 Bullitt

Comment

Thanks, would love to gave Gt500 , Boss302 or Shelby but i know when its time i wont have that sort of money - unless the lottery pays up lol. Ideally would be looking for 5ltr gt convertible auto

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchenfitter View Post
                        Thanks, would love to gave Gt500 , Boss302 or Shelby but i know when its time i wont have that sort of money - unless the lottery pays up lol. Ideally would be looking for 5ltr gt convertible auto
                        When you are ready, give us a call on 01902-790797 and we can guide you through, Nick from HaesConcepts does all our IVA conversions and is well respected on here as well.

HTH
                        Visit us at Golden Chariots Web Site
                        Or Call us 9-9 7 Days a week on 01902-790797
                        Visit us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/goldenchariotsltd

Comment

Thank you really appreciate the offer.
                          i have narrowed it down a little to a 2013-2014 preferably a 5.0ltr convertible, but if costs escalate may have to settle for a 3.7ltr which i can get in the uk
                          The 5.0ltr seems like gold dust in the uk lol

Comment

Just a thought if i do go the path of importing is there any particular american states that are best to buy from

Comment

Cost-wise I would have thought States near to a shipping port, maybe southern where it's warmer, as there would be more choice of Convertibles.
                              Paul

current ride 2003 GT Convertible - Sonic Blue

gone but not forgotten

70 351-4v Mach 1........72 351-2v convertible........94 GT convertible........05 GT convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X