No announcement yet.

Importing from usa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try Colin Ledsom - Colins Auto Exports. https://www.colinsautoexport.com He's a UK guy based near Tampa in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Peejay View Post
      Try Colin Ledsom - Colins Auto Exports. https://www.colinsautoexport.com He's a UK guy based near Tampa in Florida.
      Yeah can recommend Colin Ledsom - actually Peejays car came over in the same container as mine!
      He uses Ron Fenton and Nick Haes this end as well so all is good!

Comment

Thanks guys really appreciate the advice and contacts

Comment

I have a LHD Black 2015 S550 GT Convertible for sale at the moment, only 2000 miles
          Roush Body Kit, Roush Axlebacks, 20 Velgen Wheels etc. Etc..
          looking around 30k but can be cheaper with Standard Wheels

Mustang

Comment

Hi just bought one a few days ago thanks snyway and glws

Comment

How does it all work then importing a car without even going to the US?

you have to agree a deal with a dealer in USA then get the car shipped to Ron Fenton for example?

Comment

Hi didnt buy by importing i found one in the uk.
                so not 100%

Comment

<<<<<< My Car came from Dallas in 2017 / 2018.

I found the car at a Dealer
                  Ron's man in Florida negotiated NOT to have to pay the usual Dealer Admin fee charged by U.S car dealers or sales tax, which on an earlier car I'd looked at was going to be 6% of sale price plus $495 dealer fee and for a U.S Plate which I didn't need.

I Paypal'd a deposit to Ron's man then used a Foreign Exchange company recommended by Ron for the bulk of the money.
                  I didn't have the FX account set up initially otherwise I could have FX'd the deposit.

Ron's man arranged the 1100mile overland transport to Miami with thier usual transporter, for a cost I probably couldn't have got anywhere close to.
                  Looked over the car when it arrived did all the Export paperwork and packed it in a Container.

When it arrived at Felixstowe Ron removed the car and sent it to Nick Hayes in Wolverhampton for lighting work and IVA / MoT.
                  It was at my house 2 weeks after being released from the docks waiting for DVLA to send the V5 back with reg number.

Oh and along the way I paid a nice Import duty and Vat bill via Ron plus UK transport and IVA costs etc.
                  Last edited by mad4v8; 30-06-2019, 04:19 PM.
                  Stuart
                  2014 GT/CS

Comment

Originally posted by mad4v8 View Post
                    <<<<<< My Car came from Dallas in 2017 / 2018.

I found the car at a Dealer
                    Ron's man in Florida negotiated NOT to have to pay the usual Dealer Admin fee charged by U.S car dealers or sales tax, which on an earlier car I'd looked at was going to be 6% of sale price plus $495 dealer fee and for a U.S Plate which I didn't need.

I Paypal'd a deposit to Ron's man then used a Foreign Exchange company recommended by Ron for the bulk of the money.
                    I didn't have the FX account set up initially otherwise I could have FX'd the deposit.

Ron's man arranged the 1100mile overland transport to Miami with thier usual transporter, for a cost I probably couldn't have got anywhere close to.
                    Looked over the car when it arrived did all the Export paperwork and packed it in a Container.

When it arrived at Felixstowe Ron removed the car and sent it to Nick Hayes in Wolverhampton for lighting work and IVA / MoT.
                    It was at my house 2 weeks after being released from the docks waiting for DVLA to send the V5 back with reg number.

Oh and along the way I paid a nice Import duty and Vat bill via Ron plus UK transport and IVA costs etc.
                    Great work!
                    John at Golden Chariots is also good for this type of thing.
                    Last edited by Midland Mustangs; 02-07-2019, 06:53 AM.
                    Midland Mustangs LTD
                    Sourcing and Sales of 1960s Classic Mustangs
                    www.midland-mustangs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchenfitter View Post
                      Just a thought if i do go the path of importing is there any particular american states that are best to buy from
                      For a 2013/2014 car you will have so much choice and variety and prices will be excellent.

For the year you are thinking of then if possible because of costs I would avoid the West Coast, far better to import from either Texas and up or from the East Coast with Newark and Charleston being the most competitive areas.

Newark currently is the cheapest area to ship from arriving into Southampton with ocean freights costs typically under a 1000.

We can sort the IVA out for you as well using Nick https://www.mocgb.net/forums/member/1534-nmh as he does all our work and is highly respected.

Give us a call on 01902-790797 and we'll be glad to point you in the right direction.
                      Visit us at Golden Chariots Web Site
                      Or Call us 9-9 7 Days a week on 01902-790797
                      Visit us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/goldenchariotsltd

Comment

Working...
                      X