Dvla registration process for imported 65 coupe May 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvla registration process for imported 65 coupe May 2020

Hi ,whats the time now to get a reg number ?Anyone else sent an application in recently ?
    I,m up to 4 weeks now
    Thanks
    Rev

Someone with an newly imported 2013 has been waiting since the beginning of lockdown.
    Many phonecalls and no resolution yet.

I got my 2014 V5c back within a week or so, but that was over 2 years ago.

I suspect the people who do New regs are off on Furlough or normally work in an office that now can't maintain 2mtrs.
    Last edited by mad4v8; 14-06-2020, 01:39 PM.
    Stuart
    2014 GT/CS

Comment

Originally posted by Revvin 18 View Post
      Hi ,whats the time now to get a reg number ?Anyone else sent an application in recently ?
      I,m up to 4 weeks now
      Thanks
      Rev
      i sent an application at the end of April/May1st they have been closed and just dealing with the legality of fines Bans and all the horrible things lol so I’m told and they have a huge backlog of licensing applications ( although they were quick enough to take the money and tax her car changing the reg and name is a different time scale

Comment

My registration was sent a week before lockdown began took 6 weeks to arrive. There are significant delays processing the backlog.

Comment

I have just received mine this morning..9 weeks....all paperwork sent back.. proof of year needed (1967)...

Comment

Originally posted by ppast View Post
            I have just received mine this morning..9 weeks....all paperwork sent back.. proof of year needed (1967)...
            My guess is you put the actual build date on the form? If you put 01/01/67 (if 1967 isw on the title) you would not get asked for this.
            www.stsimports.co.uk
            www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ronfenton View Post

My guess is you put the actual build date on the form? If you put 01/01/67 (if 1967 isw on the title) you would not get asked for this.
              Its not a guarantee, I have had requests for Age Confirmations from members who tried this and still had the application rejected.

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
              http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

i had mine today. 6 weeks to the day. take Rons advice, i have done three with the 1st date of the year not an issue and he is the third car importer i have used that has advised me exactly the same. all came through no problems.
                now one would imagine if you were doing that for a living that you would have a fair idea about what works the best. Out of the three i would use him again no question and that's not for what went right, its for what went wrong and what they did about looking after my car when it did. nought wrong with the others, just he had an opportunity to go the extra, and did.

Comment

I sent mine in before lockdown and it took 16 weeks. Got it now and it's the 2013 mustang gt

Comment

Working...
                  X