New member checking in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member checking in

Hi all, I'm new to the Club and to Mustang ownership. Our '65 Fastback which we imported from Kentucky is now sitting at Southampton waiting transportation to our home address in the West Midlands on Monday. We have the NOVA, title and insurance on the chassis number so I'm just about to start the dreaded V55/5. I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether I need an MOT certificate for first registration given that the car is more than 40 years old and therefore MOT exempt? I plan to get it tested anyway but was hoping I could leave this until after registration as the chassis number based insurance doesn't allow the car to be driven on the road. Otherwise it will need to be trailered to a test station I guess. Anyway, exciting times ahead and we're looking forward to meeting some of you at a few events. Many thanks for any guidance. Ian and Ann
    1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
    1961 Nash Metropolitan
    1987 East German Trabant
    1989 Citroen 2cv
    2012 Volkswagen T5 California
    2015 Mazda MX5

No MOT needed to register. You can drive to first MOT with an appointment.

Congrats on the purchase/import

Cheers Peter

Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Thanks Peter, my insurer who also covers the rest of my classics stated the chassis number based cover specifically excludes road use (even for driving to a test station) and is issued solely for the purpose of obtaining road tax and for fire or theft cover at it's usual parking location - ie; in the garage at my home address.
      1961 Nash Metropolitan
      1987 East German Trabant
      1989 Citroen 2cv
      2015 Mazda MX5

Comment

Welcome to the club, will be great to see some pictures once you get the car home.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
        1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
        2005 Mustang GT 2014-
        2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

We have quite a few pics which were provided by the seller when we agreed to purchase plus several from our shipping agent. This is one to be going on with but I'll add some of my own once I've seen the car in the metal..!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang Left side.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	664.6 KB
ID:	1230497
          1961 Nash Metropolitan
          1987 East German Trabant
          1989 Citroen 2cv
          2015 Mazda MX5

Comment

Welcome along to the club Ian
            Current 2013 Boss 302 SBY Laguna Seca

Previous

2013 Boss 302 SBY
            2013 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Deep Impact Blue
            2011 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Brembo package, Candy Apple red
            2010 4.6V8 GT Premium Black

Comment

Welcome, looks a beaut!

Lee
              Current Rides -

2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original

Comment

Welcome! Great looking car! :)
                Midland Mustangs LTD
                Sourcing and Sales of 1960s Classic Mustang Coupes
                www.midland-mustangs.co.uk

sigpic

Comment

Just fill out the V112 form https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ption-from-mot , As well as the other forms mentioned & a cheque for 55 . Post them all of to good old DVLA in a recorded post . V55/5 Here & guide to filling out the form . http://www.vhra.co.uk/VHRA/News/Entr...n_Guide_2.html

69 Convertible ,05 GT , 53 F100 , 59 Impala .

Comment

No MOT required but I'm going to put mine through one just to be on the safe side.
                    That's such a nice car you've got there!!
                    New Stuff is NO Good!

1967 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Many thanks for all the welcomes and guidance, very much appreciated, thank you. As we speak I'm waiting a call from the transport guy with a time of arrival :-)
                      1961 Nash Metropolitan
                      1987 East German Trabant
                      1989 Citroen 2cv
                      2015 Mazda MX5

Comment

Working...
                      X