Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help

Hi guys,

Unfortunately not currently a Mustang owner. But I have been in the past. And thatís where I need some help.

About a a decade ago, I made a terrible mistake and sold my 2000 Mustang for an RX8, and now I want to see if I can get that Mustang back.

Iíve run the registration and seen that it hasnít had an MOT for a few years now, and unfortunately the DVLA wonít give me any ideas as to where the car is, or ever where it was last MOTíd.

Iím hoping it hasnít been scrapped, and that someone on here may recognise it and point in the right direction of the current owners.

The registration is T666 DSP.

A couple of photos I have of it are attached. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.vehiclestats.co.uk/registration/T666DSP
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

A lot of fails on that last sheet, I'd say she's bitten the dust....

Comment

When you check if vehicle is taxed it is showing as being sorned so it should still be about somewhere. The mot history shows its main failures as brake inefficiency which is quite common on the sn95ís. Itís probably tucked away in a garage somewhere with the owner hoping to put it back on the road someday
        1999 SN95 New Edge Anniversary Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Rich66 View Post
          When you check if vehicle is taxed it is showing as being sorned so it should still be about somewhere. The mot history shows its main failures as brake inefficiency which is quite common on the sn95ís. Itís probably tucked away in a garage somewhere with the owner hoping to put it back on the road someday
          This is kind of what I'm hoping. I know it's a long shot searching for it, but I'm crossing my fingers that I stumble across it one day.

Unfortunately, with just the test number, it doesn't seem I can even locate the MOT centre that tested it!

Comment

If you go to
            http://data.gov.uk/dataset/mot-active-vts
            you can type in the vehicle testing station number and it will tell you which testing station did the mot . Then just google the testing station for its contact details.
            Hope this helps you get s but closer to locating the car

Comment

I did read somewhere that if you go to any mot test centre with the test number they can look it up and print off a copy mot but you would need the vehicles V5 document. I know a friendly mot tester Iíll ask him if he can look it up and come up with any more details.
              Iíll try and do it in the next couple of days before I fly out to Florida if not Iíll do it when I get back in a couple of weeks

Comment

If you can get any info, it would be greatly appreciated. Iím due to go for an MOT soon so if you have no luck, Iíll have an ask!

Comment

Originally posted by mk_q7 View Post
                  If you can get any info, it would be greatly appreciated. Iím due to go for an MOT soon so if you have no luck, Iíll have an ask!
                  What are you going to ask? They can't tell you where a car had its MOT, data protection and that is why the info was removed from the results when you do a MOT search.
                  Hopefully someone on here will know the car, wherever it may be.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
                  1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
                  2005 Mustang GT 2014-
                  2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

I just phoned my friendly mot tester and he could find out the last mot centre by the test number but as I thought you have to have the log book for him to do it. Hope you find the car you never know it may even pop up for sale

Comment

Try posting a wanted advert on ebay?
                      2005 Mustang GT Convertible
                      1971 Triumph TR6

Comment

Fill out a v888 form and ask ... have to give a good reason but worked for me twice..
                        https://www.gov.uk/government/public...bout-a-vehicle

Comment

Working...
                        X