Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new owner

Hi all,

just wanted to say that i bought a brand new GT a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying the car massively. I owned a Porsche 996 for 3 years before this car and absolutely loved it, but thought I'd go for something drastically different, and I have not been disappointed! It's a stock Silver Coupe and will look to post pics once I manage to personalise it a little bit.

Quick little background story. When I was living in South Africa about 30 years ago my dad bought my mum a pink Suzuki Samurai. Was a great car but my mum didn't appreciate and preferred using the Toyota Corolla we had. My dad then decided to sell the Samurai and instead treated himself to a 1971 Mustang Grande. I loved it to bits and have grown up always wanting a Mustang. Needless to say both my dad and I are chuffed.

Anyway, looking forward to being part of the Mustang family.

Welcome mate post some pictures

Comment

Nice! Not seen many silver ones about.
      What you got in mind in terms of mods/personalising
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum, interesting background story. Have fun with your car.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
        1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
        2005 Mustang GT 2014-
        2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys, much appreciated!

With regards to mods, I'm taking it slowly, building up to it. I've started off with tinting the windows and Saturday morning I'm going for some stripes (glossy black). The car has 2 core colours: Silver and black so I'm going to keep that theme going I believe. I'm also considering a subtle spoiler/lip off the back of the boot, but I'm struggling to bring myself to drill 2 holes in a brand new boot lid. Then other items I am close to buying are the strut tower brace and the hodd struts.

On my wishlist I also have 4 new sets of wheels for my winter tyres, cold air intake and a Borla exhaust, but I might wait for these last 2 as the warranty will become tricky.

Comment

welcome mate nice list of mods not all spoilers need drilling I know a few with lip spoilers on with just 3m tape and at high speeds are still ok .
            If its Ford warranty it only affects the part you replace I have the ford performance exhaust by borla on mine and when I first got my car I had Ford fit the Roush axel backs and I was told that it would still be covered by warranty so it doesn't always affect warranty

Comment

A Mustang Grande huh, you dont see too many of those around these day, welcome to the forum

ian
              Current 2013 Boss 302 SBY Laguna Seca

Previous

2013 Boss 302 SBY
              2013 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Deep Impact Blue
              2011 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Brembo package, Candy Apple red
              2010 4.6V8 GT Premium Black

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
                welcome mate nice list of mods not all spoilers need drilling I know a few with lip spoilers on with just 3m tape and at high speeds are still ok .
                If its Ford warranty it only affects the part you replace I have the ford performance exhaust by borla on mine and when I first got my car I had Ford fit the Roush axel backs and I was told that it would still be covered by warranty so it doesn't always affect warranty
                Ah, interesting. I know it is a grey area, but I might just ask the dealership. Not sure if that is a wise move, but I'd REALLY love the Borla S Type exhaust...

I saw a spoiler that is stick on, but wasn't sure whether it would really stick (not that I track the car or go super fast on public roads) or what effect it would have on the paintwork.

Thanks for the info though, really appreciate it!

Comment

Sorry it's taken so long to upload photos. I'm still not entirely happy with the photos yet but hope to get some photos I am happy with soon.

I've bought the hood struts and the strut tower brace and have spoken to the dealer about the exhaust. They confirmed it won't affect the warranty so will look at changing the exhaust for a Borla S Type and a new cold air intake.

Comment

I have had the strut tower brace fitted as standard on my last 3 M cars and so every time Iíve opened the bonnet on the mustang I feel thereís something missing although I was surprised how well she drives. Can you please let me know if it makes a huge difference? As Iím very interested

Comment

Will do, with pleasure

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Didn't realise it was a face lift just wondered why your changing from the active exhaust which is just as loud as a Borla when in sport ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
                            Didn't realise it was a face lift just wondered why your changing from the active exhaust which is just as loud as a Borla when in sport ?
                            That's a very gopod point. The only reason I am considering changing the exhaust is because they supposedly do the S Type with Active Exhaust. I defintiely do not want to give up the active exhaust funcionality.

I'm hoping to get a comparison between the 2 exhausts soon to make a proper decision. If they sound similar, it definitely won't be worth it either, completely agree...

Comment

Working...
                            X