Hi all!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all!

Hi everyone, just bought a 2006 GT and joined the club, really proud to be a part of this community. I got the car with the warning that it had the dreaded battery drain. It was dead 2 days after purchase, have managed to keep the battery going with a tender charger and the alternator, touch and go after 8 hours or so! Battery checked and all good, alternator works, car alarm ruled out and boot light switches off when closed. Sjb shows signs of slight corrosion, also believe the sound system / amp may be involved. So, anyone know where to get a new SJB from in the UK? Or am I US shopping? Or should I look at the amp etc first? Previous owner has put an android head unit in, tried the meter and fuse pull trick but nothing changed, any advice would be hugely appreciated. I'm in Stockport if you know anyone nearby. Thanks, ant

Welcome to the forum Ant. My battery goes flat every now and again, I thought I had traced it to a corroded wire on a light socket but not convinced, time will tell. Having a water damaged SJB is not a good start, you need to stop the water getting into your car. SJB will probably need to come from the US and make sure you get the right one. Contact NIck (NMH) on here as he is our expert on such things.
    Do you mind if I ask, are you Ant as in Ant & Dec ??

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Welcome to the Forum mate :)

Lee
      Current Rides -

2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original

Comment

Thanks gents, no I'm not ant or Dec

Comment

Originally posted by Adidas Ant View Post
          Thanks gents, no I'm not ant or Dec
          Oh well, I had to ask, you never know!

1966 Coupe: 1995-
          1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
          2005 Mustang GT 2014-
          2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Welcome along Ant
            Current 2013 Boss 302 SBY Laguna Seca

Previous

2013 Boss 302 SBY
            2013 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Deep Impact Blue
            2011 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Brembo package, Candy Apple red
            2010 4.6V8 GT Premium Black

Comment

Originally posted by Adidas Ant View Post
              Hi everyone, just bought a 2006 GT and joined the club, really proud to be a part of this community. I got the car with the warning that it had the dreaded battery drain. It was dead 2 days after purchase, have managed to keep the battery going with a tender charger and the alternator, touch and go after 8 hours or so! Battery checked and all good, alternator works, car alarm ruled out and boot light switches off when closed. Sjb shows signs of slight corrosion, also believe the sound system / amp may be involved. So, anyone know where to get a new SJB from in the UK? Or am I US shopping? Or should I look at the amp etc first? Previous owner has put an android head unit in, tried the meter and fuse pull trick but nothing changed, any advice would be hugely appreciated. I'm in Stockport if you know anyone nearby. Thanks, ant
              Always worth discussing any SJB issues with NMH on here, he has a very good understanding of the things that can go wrong and how to rectify them appropriately.

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
              1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
              1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Hi and thanks, have been in touch with Nick, seems to know his stuff! Appreciate the welcome...

Comment

Working...
                X