Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race Red

Hi all,
    Over the years I have had a variety of cars with different engine layouts, V4, V6, flat 4, standard 4, etc, but always hankered after a V8. 18 months ago I bit the bullet and puchased a 2016 registered GT. I had thought of getting one in a slightly less obvious colour but in the end I could only afford this one in race red. I must say I am really enjoying it. No one actually needs a Mustang but boy is it good fun. I do have some questions for all you experienced and seasoned Mustng drivers.
    1) I live near Aylesbury in Bucks and can't find any Mustang activity in my area. Any ideas?
    2) I have bought a ticket for the Stangfest 19 track day at Goodwood on Friday August 2nd, which I saw advertised in Round Up magazine and am really looking forward to it. Do to my very advanced age, I am 82 going on 25, the insurance for the day is costing me £222 through Insuremytrackday.com. Any ideas about cheaper quotes if I want to do this again?
    3) I do find the website quite complcated and had not realised I had to register separately to the MOCGB. I had to use a different user name to my MOCGB one of the unoriginal Mustangmike. I think the system think I am two different people as it is now asking if I would if I would like to join, get copies of the magazine, etc. Should I change my MOCGB to mfiennest?
    Hope you can help.
    Mike.

Welcome to the forum/club Mike.
    Your login name for the forum can be anything you want it to be (even your real name if you like!). To register to join the club you use your real details as no one else sees them except the club membership sec.
    There is a monthly meet in Newbury , Berkshire meet, details are in the shows and meets section on this forum.
    Track day insurance, I don't bother, I think at Stangfest you will be pretty safe as it won't be full of idiots in their hot hatches
    Forum can be quite difficult to use at first, I am sure you will get the hang of it, besides were not the sort of forum who will abuse you for posting in the wrong place, we are a friendly bunch.
    You might be interested in the open day at ModURstang in a week or so, not far from you.
    See you at Stangfest, although I won't be driving on track.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Many thanks for your comments and advice. I have actually been a paid up member for 18 months now but due to my confusion about the forum I have ended up with two user names. I will get it sorted. Thanks also for your mention of the ModURstang event whicj I will try to get to this coming Sunday. Hopefully we could have a chat at Goodwood.

Comment

Mike hasnít advertised the open day to my knowledge much this year, I havenít seen anything and I canít remember last time I saw him post on here. When is the open day? Anyone have a link to an advert?
        2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
        2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
        2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Welcome to the Forum :)

Lee
          Current Rides -

2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original

Comment

Thanks guys. Musti, if you are referring to the ModURstang event, I rang them up and it is this coming Sunday July 28th.

Comment

Welcome to the club, enjoy your new ride
              '68 Fastback running a 289cui.

Comment

Welcome to the MOCGB and the Forum, Enjoy your ride
                '68 Fastback running a 289cui.

Comment

Working...
                X