Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustang GT incoming, new owner

Morning Folks

Recently purchased a new 2019 GT in ingot silver, black roof, CP2, cant wait!!! Hopefully pick it up next week but was looking for some advice.
    Just a quick car history, sold my 2017 BMW M2 DCT after nearly 3 years to buy the Mustang, many think I am mad!!!! Before that I had an M135i and before that a Mk3 pre facelift Focus ST3 and lots of others including Focus ST's of every generation, Mk1, Mk2 and Puma 1.7 back in 1997, so I have a bit of Ford history.

Love the Mustangs really do, rented a few in the USA and driven a fair few thousand miles in them so I sort of appreciate what they are and what they aren't. The new facelift for the Mustang for me just made me want one even more.

The only thing I sort of wanted on the Mustang GT was the rear large spoiler but I couldn't get one in the spec I wanted, didn't want Recaros as nice as they are my other half due to being pretty small framed finds bucket seats burying her, she hated the ones in the Focus ST3. Others had magnaride, again I am sure its great but the cars also had Recaros so the price was rocketing up.

Anyway, hello form me.

Any ideas on a factory or factory style spoiler option, I like the one on the Performance Pack2 (seen youtube USA clips with it) the small black lip spoiler that I assume doesn't need drilling in? I would like one that is attached via adhesive really. Cant seem to find any UK sellers of such parts
    Last edited by wenklaw; 22-11-2019, 09:28 AM.

Originally posted by wenklaw View Post
    Morning Folks

Recently purchased a new 2019 GT in ingot silver, black roof, CP2, cant wait!!! Hopefully pick it up next week but was looking for some advice.
    Just a quick car history, sold my 2017 BMW M2 DCT after nearly 3 years to buy the Mustang, many think I am mad!!!! Before that I had an M135i and before that a Mk3 pre facelift Focus ST3 and lots of others including Focus ST's of every generation, Mk1, Mk2 and Puma 1.7 back in 1997, so I have a bit of Ford history.

Love the Mustangs really do, rented a few in the USA and driven a fair few thousand miles in them so I sort of appreciate what they are and what they aren't. The new facelift for the Mustang for me just made me want one even more.

The only thing I sort of wanted on the Mustang GT was the rear large spoiler but I couldn't get one in the spec I wanted, didn't want Recaros as nice as they are my other half due to being pretty small framed finds bucket seats burying her, she hated the ones in the Focus ST3. Others had magnaride, again I am sure its great but the cars also had Recaros so the price was rocketing up.

Anyway, hello form me.

Any ideas on a factory or factory style spoiler option, I like the one on the Performance Pack2 (seen youtube USA clips with it) the small black lip spoiler that I assume doesn't need drilling in? I would like one that is attached via adhesive really. Cant seem to find any UK sellers of such parts
    I’m still thinking of what one for mine to mate I do like the look of the wings but I don’t know if I could live with one . I like some of the bigger lip spoilers almost duck tails. I came back from Bmw M3s x2 and a brief affair with a Porsche but I’m really really happy with the Mustang and the lifestyle I Don’t think you will be disappointed mate

Comment

Welcome to the forum, have fun with your car,

1966 Coupe: 1995-
      1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
      2005 Mustang GT 2014-
      2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Welcome to Mustang ownership mate, think you’ll enjoy it!
        1969 302 Fastback

Comment

these sell spoilers https://nemesisuk.com/
          and also jw racing
          welcome mate enjoy your car

Comment

Hey pal, hope you're settled with your mustang. How are you finding it now you've had it a week or two? Loving mine and can't wait until I get to drive it in daylight!

Comment

Working...
            X