Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New or used GT in the UK

Hello all, nice to be here :)

Well it seems that time for a midlife crisis and to look towards a fun car.
    Had a few on the list but sadly out of my price range.

So have now decided to live my boyhood dream and own a v8
    What else but a Mustang Aye!!

Have been looking around allot of specs and models and years and have come to a junction.
    Left to go 2nd hand (19 plate) or Right for my first brand new one!

I see that Ford do 0$ APR on new which is a massive bonus, as normally 2nd hand finance come to around 7%

19 plates seem to be going for around 40k

Any advice would be a great help.

Mat

Originally posted by Mat666 View Post
    Hello all, nice to be here :)

Well it seems that time for a midlife crisis and to look towards a fun car.
    Had a few on the list but sadly out of my price range.

So have now decided to live my boyhood dream and own a v8
    What else but a Mustang Aye!!

Have been looking around allot of specs and models and years and have come to a junction.
    Left to go 2nd hand (19 plate) or Right for my first brand new one!

I see that Ford do 0$ APR on new which is a massive bonus, as normally 2nd hand finance come to around 7%

19 plates seem to be going for around 40k

Any advice would be a great help.

Mat
    With that kind of deal from Ford my advice would be to certainly go new but it’s ultimately up to you and your financial situation. But looking forward to seeing pictures and a review of your new car whichever you choose please keep us posted

Comment

Thanks, I will do. Just trying to work things out cost wise.
      Just noticed the 55 edition but I see no way of speccing that model in the options online.
      I do like the little sky ramp spoiler. Again not in the options.
      Also still deciding on the colour to go for. Think its between the 2 blues.

Comment

Thanks, I will do. Just trying to work things out cost wise.
        Just noticed the 55 edition but I see no way of speccing that model in the options online.
        I do like the little sky ramp spoiler. Again not in the options.
        Also still deciding on the colour to go for. Think its between the 2 blues.
        To modify your mustang you will spend a small fortune on upgrades it’s addictive and can’t be helped lol that being said I would definitely recommend throwing you a curveball to consider buying a modified one that is to your taste that you won’t have the expense of doing yourself

Comment

727 bhp supercharged massive spec for 39k
          Phantom Motor Company - Visit us for a test drive or a viewing at our indoor showroom - Call us on +441942597314 or click here to find out more.

Comment

Oh yes, that looks lovely, but maybe I will save that for something in the future purchase.
            Would just love to get base GT atm tbh.

Looking at so many pictures to see which combo looks best.

Off to do a test drive Sat, so that should be fun :)

Comment

Would love to hear from someone that went to build their own from Ford.
              Just would like to know what experience they had and any recommendations they think would be ideal.

Comment

I agree, do not buy anything modified, you don’t know who’s done the work and ultimately if it’s been bodged, also you won’t find a 2nd hand one that’s been messed with exactly to your tastes. I think with 0% you’re better off buying new and getting exactly what you want and you have confidence in what you’ve bought. I’ve spend a small fortune getting mine how I want it as it had been modified too much, I’m only installing genuine ford parts. Go in to a dealer, they will put you right. My preference in the 550 uk spec is a Bullitt.
                2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
                2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
                2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Also worth considering a lightly modified GT with original parts kept by owner. Agree with Musti, I'd love a Bullitt if i could part with mine and was in the market for another S550.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Yes I don't think I could buy a modified car tbh. Too many unknowns and just screams ragged to the extreme to me.

I'm going down the stock route and will probably keep it that way. Would rather not void warranty and increase my insurance even more.
                    The Bullit is nice but the Recaro and manual only puts a downer on it.

So I have some test drives tomorrow and a meeting at Ford next week, so will know allot more by then.

Building one from scratch seems very scary, as you need to make sure everything is just right, especially the colour choice.
                    Thinking more on the side of a Velocity Blue look.
                    Also would like to get that adaptive suspension, if anyone has any input on that?

Have no idea on what the ETA it would be to actually get it.

Comment

You don’t need the suspension. It’s an American muscle car! Just get what feels right.

Comment

It will look great stock by the way, no need to mess with it and put silly UK made tunes on it etc. You’ll enjoy your car.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Yes I don't think I could buy a modified car tbh. Too many unknowns and just screams ragged to the extreme to me.

I'm going down the stock route and will probably keep it that way. Would rather not void warranty and increase my insurance even more.
                          The Bullit is nice but the Recaro and manual only puts a downer on it.

So I have some test drives tomorrow and a meeting at Ford next week, so will know allot more by then.

Building one from scratch seems very scary, as you need to make sure everything is just right, especially the colour choice.
                          Thinking more on the side of a Velocity Blue look.
                          Also would like to get that adaptive suspension, if anyone has any input on that?

Have no idea on what the ETA it would be to actually get it.
                          You have got the option of MagneRide is an automotive adaptive suspension with magnetorheological damper system developed by the Delphi Automotive corporation and adopted by ford on the 2018 plus- mustangs the S550 has IRS so they do handle surprising well throughout the range . Modifications or not are entirely up to the individual as it’s your car your taste and on your drive
                          If it makes you happy stock or modified that’s all that matters . Looking forward to seeing pictures of your car hopefully soon ​​​​​​ Good luck
                          Last edited by JBGT50; 12-09-2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

With S550 GT prices very low.. I would pick up a low mileage second hand one with all the toys on it personally. Half of them spent their time sitting in the garage
                            S550GT Grabber Blue 2018 Auto...:D
                            1950 Shoebox Custom Hot Rod
                            1967 Camaro SS 350
                            1967 Mustang Fastback 302
                            2005 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Well had the 1st test drive in a 19 plate. OMG I loved it so much. It had the adaptive suspension which made the ride feel so smooth.
                              Oh dear lord that sound.......

Sadly the price they charging and the APR they used made it cost the same as a new one On THe ROad price.
                              So I can't see the point in newish second hand ones.

One odd thing the salesman mentioned was though, that Ford are not doing any more new sales on them. As well as canceling the ones that had been ordered.
                              Now is that just crap talk from him wanted to make me buy that one now or is that true?

Comment

Working...
                              X