Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlintHeart
    replied
    "I have always agreed with this BUT some are know so cheap that they might be worth a risk, especially as the advert states they have a clear history. Of course you would need to check the vin number provided actually belongs to the car being sold!"
    Yup, the VIN number would be very vital for this. It's a matter of getting the ride legally or not.

Leave a comment:

• Anaconda
    replied
    Originally posted by Musti View Post
    Don’t buy a freshly imported one, it will be a write off from abroad. 15k will get you a nice 05-07 I would say. You stated you wanted a Bullitt, so do I presume you want a manual coupe or are you open to anything? What’s your must have list? I ask as I am toying with selling mine as I want a GT500 and there’s one available that I am interested in.
    I have always agreed with this BUT some are know so cheap that they might be worth a risk, especially as the advert states they have a clear history. Of course you would need to check the vin number provided actually belongs to the car being sold!

Leave a comment:

• Rich1988
    replied
    My only must is it’s got to be a coupe. I don’t mind if it’s manual or Auto. And ideally black interior.

Leave a comment:

• Musti
    replied
    Don’t buy a freshly imported one, it will be a write off from abroad. 15k will get you a nice 05-07 I would say. You stated you wanted a Bullitt, so do I presume you want a manual coupe or are you open to anything? What’s your must have list? I ask as I am toying with selling mine as I want a GT500 and there’s one available that I am interested in.

Leave a comment:

• Rich1988
    replied
    My search is due to intensify . I have sold my Lexus and it’s being collected tomorrow. My budget is around 15kish. What do you guys think my chances of finding a nice S197 are? There seems to be a lot on eBay at the moment either just imported or on their way over. Ideally I’d like one that’s already been converted probably and used over here for some time.

Leave a comment:

• Rich1988
    replied
    Originally posted by Anaconda View Post

Agree with that, seems expensive to me, although the one for 16k seems like a very good deal indeed.
    If you are not aware shoddy light conversions can leave you with the possibility of an expensive bill to put it right, good luck with the search.

Thanks for that advice. I’ll be very cautious when looking for the right car

Leave a comment:

• Anaconda
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich1988 View Post

I’ve seen that one looks very clean. I think that’s a little over priced though or am I wrong. There was a very nice one for sale back in April on autotrader for 16k
    Agree with that, seems expensive to me, although the one for 16k seems like a very good deal indeed.
    If you are not aware shoddy light conversions can leave you with the possibility of an expensive bill to put it right, good luck with the search.

Leave a comment:

• Musti
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich1988 View Post

I’ve seen that one looks very clean. I think that’s a little over priced though or am I wrong. There was a very nice one for sale back in April on autotrader for 16k
    Yes I agree, 18 is a great price but 20 would be a good teal for both parties in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Rich1988
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rich1988
    replied
    Originally posted by Musti View Post
    There’s on for sale on line at the moment looks a good car to be fair. I’m glad to see you’ve come along looking for a pre Uk car, they’re the best! the one below is fresh do get a carfax report done to ensure it’s not been written off in the US.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174429441888

Leave a comment:

• Musti
    replied
    There’s on for sale on line at the moment looks a good car to be fair. I’m glad to see you’ve come along looking for a pre Uk car, they’re the best! the one below is fresh do get a carfax report done to ensure it’s not been written off in the US.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174429441888

Leave a comment:

• Rich1988
    started a topic Soon to be Mustang owner

Soon to be Mustang owner

Hi guys and girls
    Im Rich from Swindon. I’m currently driving a Lexus IS250 but as I have managed to move my wife on from her little Audi A1 to a Q2 the Lexus isn’t needed as our family car. This leave me free to get myself my dream car. I’ve always been a big fan of American cars and the Mustang especially.

I’ve joined for the advice and experience of others so I can hopefully buy a good one. I really like the 08-09 Bullitt’s

Working...
X