Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member seeking some advice

Good evening All,

i have just imported my 2008 Bullitt Mustang which is currently awaiting its MOT following the light conversion.

it was involved previously in an accident and unfortunately the the airbag light is showing from the seatbelt sensor (orange connector). I have ordered a new belt but just been advised there is no stock and no idea when one is available.

is there any where that can fix/restore these belts? Or buy a second hand one? (Is drivers belt). Or is there a way I can install a new belt and bypass this sensor. Any help greatly appreciated, car currently taking up someone’s garage space for a month and I seem to be going around in circles!

Thanks jn in advance for your assistance.

Callum

Don't think its a wise idea to disable/bypass a safety system, can you imagine the trouble you could land yourself in if you had a accident and were hurt. Can't remember if the pretensioner is on the buckle or the actual seatbelt part, have you tried Ebay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-3-OHMS-...-/261537590388
    Last edited by Anaconda; 19-09-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your message.

no I agree not the ideal route to go nor really what I would like to do. The remainder of the system is fine it’s just the belt causing the issue but obviously with the fault the remainder of the system won’t deploy. The sensor comes off a tail on the lower part of the belt. I have tried eBay, unfortunately have yet found nothing as the belts are very specific, only made between 07-09 and have to have this orange sensor.

thanks

Comment

Non in breaker yards????????????????????
        sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Nothing that I have found. I can find every other belt except the drivers one. And the fitting is very specific.

Comment

How very strange, had a look at a couple of online Ford dealers and front belts seem to be discontinued. Guess you might have to cheat it for the mot and then try and track one down, not ideal really, just don't crash it!

Comment

Yes, strange and very frustrating. I ordered one from ford parts giant in the US but they in fact have no stock and can’t find one anywhere. There must be a way to remove the sensor or add a resistor because people do this for installing racing harnesses or aftermarket belts. Just can’t fond out how to do it.... thanks for having a look for me.

Comment

Have u tried this guy? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Must...gAAOSwf4Jdi2he

Comment

Originally posted by donkey_power View Post
                  I was going to suggest that one but since the airbag has gone off its possible the seat belt has also been triggered, this usually happens but not always. If the seatbelt was cheap enough it would be worth a try but looking at some of his prices in the past I doubt it would be cheap enough, worth asking though.

Comment

Hi, thanks. Yes I have contacted him, unfortunately the pretensioner is gone on the belts. So same problem as the one I have. Have found a few today but all sold. And only the other belts left

Comment

Not sure if you do Facebook but a fairly good group for Buillitt owners - might be worth asking the question.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/62485741976/
                      Editor Round Up
                      2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
                      2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
                      1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

Thanks, have just asked to join the Facebook group. Many thanks

Comment

You could try this (from S197 forum on facebook) Click image for larger version

Name:	seatbelt.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	1253473

Comment

Thanks for all your help, I have found a company who thinks they can repair it and send back to me. If they do, I will post their details here for future reference. Seem to know what their talking about so far.... fingers crossed.

Comment

fingers crossed! Great result if it works and thanks for updating, I was searching eBay this morning and saw a passenger side belt but not what you need.
                              2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
                              2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
                              2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Working...
                              X