Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callum
    replied
    Hi and thanks for all your advice on this issue. As per last message, I found a company - https://airbagteam.com

They repaired the belt and returned it in under 48 hours! After all the time spent trying to sort this out, very impressed and reasonable cost, will use them again when needed.

Leave a comment:

• Musti
    replied
    fingers crossed! Great result if it works and thanks for updating, I was searching eBay this morning and saw a passenger side belt but not what you need.

Leave a comment:

• Callum
    replied
    Thanks for all your help, I have found a company who thinks they can repair it and send back to me. If they do, I will post their details here for future reference. Seem to know what their talking about so far.... fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• donkey_power
    replied
    You could try this (from S197 forum on facebook) Click image for larger version

Name:	seatbelt.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	1253473

Leave a comment:

• Callum
    replied
    Thanks, have just asked to join the Facebook group. Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• G19
    replied
    Not sure if you do Facebook but a fairly good group for Buillitt owners - might be worth asking the question.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/62485741976/

Leave a comment:

• Callum
    replied
    Hi, thanks. Yes I have contacted him, unfortunately the pretensioner is gone on the belts. So same problem as the one I have. Have found a few today but all sold. And only the other belts left

Leave a comment:

• Anaconda
    replied
    Originally posted by donkey_power View Post
    I was going to suggest that one but since the airbag has gone off its possible the seat belt has also been triggered, this usually happens but not always. If the seatbelt was cheap enough it would be worth a try but looking at some of his prices in the past I doubt it would be cheap enough, worth asking though.

Leave a comment:

• donkey_power
    replied
    Have u tried this guy? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Must...gAAOSwf4Jdi2he

Leave a comment:

• Callum
    replied
    Yes, strange and very frustrating. I ordered one from ford parts giant in the US but they in fact have no stock and can’t find one anywhere. There must be a way to remove the sensor or add a resistor because people do this for installing racing harnesses or aftermarket belts. Just can’t fond out how to do it.... thanks for having a look for me.

Leave a comment:

• Anaconda
    replied
    How very strange, had a look at a couple of online Ford dealers and front belts seem to be discontinued. Guess you might have to cheat it for the mot and then try and track one down, not ideal really, just don't crash it!

Leave a comment:

• Callum
    replied
    Nothing that I have found. I can find every other belt except the drivers one. And the fitting is very specific.

Leave a comment:

• saleen 192
    replied
    Non in breaker yards????????????????????

Leave a comment:

• Callum
    replied
    Thanks for your message.

no I agree not the ideal route to go nor really what I would like to do. The remainder of the system is fine it’s just the belt causing the issue but obviously with the fault the remainder of the system won’t deploy. The sensor comes off a tail on the lower part of the belt. I have tried eBay, unfortunately have yet found nothing as the belts are very specific, only made between 07-09 and have to have this orange sensor.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Anaconda
    replied
    Don't think its a wise idea to disable/bypass a safety system, can you imagine the trouble you could land yourself in if you had a accident and were hurt. Can't remember if the pretensioner is on the buckle or the actual seatbelt part, have you tried Ebay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-3-OHMS-...-/261537590388
    Last edited by Anaconda; 19-09-2020, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X