Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Birmingham

Afternoon All

Just to introduce myself I'm a athlete and coach from Birmingham who also has a obsession with everything to do with cars . I'm now delighted to finally be a member of the Mustang Owners Club and own a 2008 Gt California Special Convertible which is amazing . I have been a huge fan of mustangs ever since I started to walk and I now a proud owner of this amazing automotive icon .

I plan to bring this care to showroom condition starting with a complete repaint then re chroming of the wheels ready for ford fair next year . Once I'm happy with the standard of this mustang I will then be looking to purchase a Shelby in the future or at least dream about it .

I'm sure I will see many of you next year and look forward to hearing your tips and stories along the way .

Thanks All

Kevin

Originally posted by Racer1988 View Post
    Afternoon All

Just to introduce myself I'm a athlete and coach from Birmingham who also has a obsession with everything to do with cars . I'm now delighted to finally be a member of the Mustang Owners Club and own a 2008 Gt California Special Convertible which is amazing . I have been a huge fan of mustangs ever since I started to walk and I now a proud owner of this amazing automotive icon .

I plan to bring this care to showroom condition starting with a complete repaint then re chroming of the wheels ready for ford fair next year . Once I'm happy with the standard of this mustang I will then be looking to purchase a Shelby in the future or at least dream about it .

I'm sure I will see many of you next year and look forward to hearing your tips and stories along the way .

Thanks All

Kevin
    Congratulations and welcome Kev

Comment

Wow Cali Special, great voice of car, love the retro styling abs seats in these!! Congratulations on the purchase.
      On a side note, I have heard that re-chrominance wheels isn’t easy. It would be great for you to keep us updated on how that goes tho. I have previously recommended JP
      Alloys in Cannock who are a very professional outfit but they cannot re-chrome.
      2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
      2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
      2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Welcome, from another Cali owner.
        Stuart
        2014 GT/CS

Comment

Lovely. Thanks for Joining us, Quite a nice group this is. Lots of enthusiasm and none of the usual BS. Welcome
          Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
          We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Welcome to the club. I do like a CS, I used to have a V6 Cali clone. I could be tempted into buying a white one at sometime in the future.
            Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
              Welcome to the club. I do like a CS, I used to have a V6 Cali clone. I could be tempted into buying a white one at sometime in the future.
              Have fun.
              yeah, I love all colour CS’s but white would be mu choice. I did look at one a few years back, chap in kings win ford was selling on behalf of his brother, was an ex-Dubai car. It wasn’t in the best condition though. Apparently it went to Sweden in the end.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Kevin! Cheers!

Comment

Hello Kevin and welcome, from a fellow Birmingham Mustang owner

Comment

Are the wheels actually chrome, or polished aluminium? They came with polished wheels as standard, so a simple refurb and polish might sort them out. If chrome they could be aftermarket wheels, and it maybe cheaper to buy new ones
                    Paul

2003 GT Convertible - Sonic Blue & 2013 GT Convertible - Deep Impact Blue
                    2006 Viper SRT10 Coupe - GTS Blue/White First edition #146 of 200

Mustangs gone but not forgotten

70 351-4v Mach 1........72 351-2v convertible........94 GT convertible........05 GT convertible

Comment

Originally posted by sonicbloo View Post
                      Are the wheels actually chrome, or polished aluminium? They came with polished wheels as standard, so a simple refurb and polish might sort them out. If chrome they could be aftermarket wheels, and it maybe cheaper to buy new ones
                      they came with polished alloy or chrome option, these are genuine, Nick NMH wheels are chrome also.

Comment

"they came with polished alloy or chrome option, these are genuine, Nick NMH wheels are chrome also."
                        You, my friend, are a very lucky guy then.

Comment

Working...
                        X