South Wales valleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Wales valleys

Hi all I’m Gareth from South Wales. A refrigeration engineer and electrician day to day. Just bought my first Pony (289 66 hardtop) after years of loving the beasts. She’s in need of a full overhaul so any tips and advice would be appreciated.
    I’m looking to do a classic restore, but who knows yet... a Shelby would be nice ��
    Thanks for your time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0031.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1143108

Name:	IMG_4493.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1143109

Name:	IMG_0033.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1143110
    Last edited by Geeward; 13-05-2018, 09:32 AM.

south wale's area? depends planning doing your self or farming out to garage? couple of threads on here and restorers as well but you broke the golden rule no pictures lol,,,,,
    sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Originally posted by saleen 192 View Post
      south wale's area? depends planning doing your self or farming out to garage? couple of threads on here and restorers as well but you broke the golden rule no pictures lol,,,,,
      Sorry, Iíll get some up once I dig her out of the garage.
      Looking to source out the bodywork. Wouldnít mind putting her together myself.

Comment

Hi Gareth,

Welcome to the forum..
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Gareth :)

Lee
          Current Rides -

2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original

Comment

slow progress, but I've managed to get someone to look at the engine. sad new is, that it was full of rust, water had got inside and it seemed pointless spending hours and money correcting it. so I went shopping.
            I've managed to get my hands on a rebuilt 351 Windsor fitted with some huge heads, variable cam and a 4 barrel carb'.
            I have also sorted a tremek 6 speed manual with very few miles on it.
            im not looking at upgrading the suspension. not sure what to go for but an all in one kit would be nice. ditch the leaf springs and have shocks all round.
            as I'll be making above 400bhp with this lump, I plan to install some upgraded breaks, disks all round ideally.
            I currently don't have a dash of cluster. if anyone knows where I can source them?
            also I need a full interior (black leather)
            then wheels and exhaust.

Comment

Thatís great news, hopefully have on the road within 2 years maybe? Whereabouts are you in South Wales? Iím originally from South Wales and travel throug frequently.
              2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
              2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
              2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Iím in the valleys. Iíf you every use the heads of the valleys road give me a shout

Comment

Will do, I pass every few months
                  2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
                  2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
                  2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Beautiful countryside there, I used to go there several times a year when I exported minis to the states. Enjoy the build and please keep photos coming. Cheers. Peter
                    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Working...
                    X