bumpy ride

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumpy ride

proud owner of 2.3 mustang eco boost since 12/17 however the ride is so bumpy is this normal on English roads ?

Originally posted by rod coult View Post
    proud owner of 2.3 mustang eco boost since 12/17 however the ride is so bumpy is this normal on English roads ?
    Strange question. Is it your first time driving on English roads?

Welcome BTW.

Comment

Yes probably, are roads are terrible!

1966 Coupe: 1995-
      1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
      2005 Mustang GT 2014-
      2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Welcome :)

Seems to be a common complaint of the S550, plenty of upgrades available to improve it.

Lee
        Current Rides -

2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original

Comment

rod coult no have driven 55 years on english rds howeverlast 18 years 2jag s type

Originally posted by CaliSpecial View Post
          Strange question. Is it your first time driving on English roads?

Welcome BTW.
          no last 20 years in jag s . type. have tried all the different modes but it stillseems a hard suspension

Comment

Welcome to our crap roads.:))
            sigpic

Comment

None of the modes alter the suspension settings (as far as I am aware) , they just change the way the engine and gearbox respond and the weight of the steering along with different stability programs.

I can only think a set of progressive springs with minimal drop may be what you are looking for as from what I read changing to progressive springs does soften the ride unless you are cornering hard at which point the spring rate alters to harden the suspension up. I run a set of linear lowering springs and though the ride is pretty firm I have experienced much worse and the car still rides fine as a daily despite the crap roads in Kent....

Comment

none of the setting adjust suspension unless its a 2018 with magna ride

the standard uk version s550 gets the US performance pak as standard which is harsher than the basic setup.
                I have eibach pro springs on mine and it not an issue but then again I didn't think the stock ones are particularly harsh . used to Audi S line sports so felt about the same lol .
                some people have gone to the basic spring setup up from the states the model we don't get .I do believe Gt101 in Colchester have done this before .
                give them a call

Comment

Working...
                X