Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie iow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Newbie iow

    Hi all, finally took the plunge and bought a mustang 67 plate :)) get to pick up a week today, looking forward to the drive back from Cornwall to iow, just not the petrol bill :),

    #2
    Welcome :Cowboy

    Any pics?

    Lee
    Current Rides -

    2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

    1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original

    Comment


      #3
      Could be a baptism of fire in a classic. Is there no chance you could get it recovered on a truck? Its so much less stress when you can go for short drives and iron out any bugs that may be lurking. With all the competition these days, recovery tends not to be ott pricewise.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Nptsmith View Post
        Hi all, finally took the plunge and bought a mustang 67 plate :)) get to pick up a week today, looking forward to the drive back from Cornwall to iow, just not the petrol bill :),
        When I went to pick up my mustang I rented a trailer for the day to bring back my 68 mustang to the island. A bit pricey on the ferry but piece of mind and the fuel cost was a lot lower|
        Ian

        Comment


          #5
          Plan is to make a weekend off it, so since pay week make the most of the trip, and i post some pictures when i get hold off it, As stupidly i didn't save any from advert.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Nptsmith View Post
            Plan is to make a weekend off it, so since pay week make the most of the trip, and i post some pictures when i get hold off it, As stupidly i didn't save any from advert.
            That's the ticket, non of this recovery nonsense, if you break down you then get the recovery out, you have to test the car sometime.
            When we bought the Series 2a Land Rover we had a couple of hours trip (the furthest it had gone for many years) and I had never driven one before, never mind a non-synchro gearbox! (and it was raining) It was fine, until we got home and the fuel tank sprung a leak, along with the rad but its an experience even if it does go wrong.
            Let us know how you get on.

            1966 Coupe: 1995-
            1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
            2005 Mustang GT 2014-
            2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

            Comment


              #7
              I知 sure he said 67 plate, not 67 year so I知 sure it値l make it home just fine!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by CaliSpecial View Post
                I知 sure he said 67 plate, not 67 year so I知 sure it値l make it home just fine!
                So he did, probably best he does join the AA then! :))=))

                1966 Coupe: 1995-
                1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
                2005 Mustang GT 2014-
                2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hi and welcome Nick..;)
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X