Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustang in New Tricks season 12 (SPOILER)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Mustang in New Tricks season 12 (SPOILER)

    Well whodathunk?
    Latest series (last apparently) of New Tricks, first pair of episodes were set up for Dennis Waterman (playing Gerry Standing) to leave the series.
    Right at the end he literally drives out in a classic red vert (first gen I think, but not certain). The episode (s12/2) should be on iPlayer by now and the scene is literally the last 30 secs or so before the end credits roll.
    The scene looks to me like a London/UK street with a painted New York background (matte). So I'd guess the car is a UK one.
    His Triumph Stag didn't fare so well ... :)

    #2


    Looks like a UK street from the '20' or '30' speed limit markings on the left side of the road behind the car! Can't read the number plate unfortunately.
    Andy

    Mustang books, shirts, hats, wallets, key blanks, keyrings, decals, belts, buckles & lots more!:



    eBay Store: Andy's Speed Shop Europe | facebook.com/mustangbooks

    Comment


      #3
      You can't believe anything is real on TV nowadays:

      https://player.vimeo.com/video/34678075?title=0&
      1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
      2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
      2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013


      MOCGB #332 since 1994

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by GeoffW View Post
        You can't believe anything is real on TV nowadays:
        My Cadillac has recently been in a couple of Discovery channel type programmes, where the scenes were supposed to be in California and Texas... amazing how many of these documentary scenes (supposedly set entirely in the USA and made for an American audience) are filmed in the UK. British film crew and extras must work out cheaper than American ones.
        Andy

        Mustang books, shirts, hats, wallets, key blanks, keyrings, decals, belts, buckles & lots more!:



        eBay Store: Andy's Speed Shop Europe | facebook.com/mustangbooks

        Comment


          #5
          Used to rent out a lot of US cars for film work.

          The UK film industry is subsidised which often makes it cheaper to film things here.
          Roo



          '09 GT/CS Convertible

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Roo View Post
            The UK film industry is subsidised which often makes it cheaper to film things here.
            But they all seem to sod off to Romania, etc to do half of their filming ... because it's cheaper! 8-}
            (Maybe that's a little close to Russia for the Americans :) )

            Comment


              #7
              I had the opportunity for my little Dodge 400 'vert to be used in Eyes Wide Shut.
              And everybody else at Billing that day could have had their car in it too!

              Mark.
              '89 GT Convertible, triple white, five speed, Florida car.
              '89 GT Hatch, white, five speed, Arizona car.

              sigpic

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by 69fastback View Post


                Looks like a UK street from the '20' or '30' speed limit markings on the left side of the road behind the car! Can't read the number plate unfortunately.
                Hi All yes it's in London my car miserable day hood up down up down dry off each time still looked good I thou :)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mikesh View Post
                  Well whodathunk?
                  Latest series (last apparently) of New Tricks, first pair of episodes were set up for Dennis Waterman (playing Gerry Standing) to leave the series.
                  Right at the end he literally drives out in a classic red vert (first gen I think, but not certain). The episode (s12/2) should be on iPlayer by now and the scene is literally the last 30 secs or so before the end credits roll.
                  The scene looks to me like a London/UK street with a painted New York background (matte). So I'd guess the car is a UK one.
                  His Triumph Stag didn't fare so well ... :)
                  Yes UK London my 65 stang :)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X