Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

owy 81m

Originally posted by 69fastback View Post
    We really should set up a sub-forum for Historic Mustang Photos... ;)

Here's my pic of OWY 81M at York Dragway again!

the mustang owy 81m is mine and its all up and running would love to no more about it and ware is been in its life

Comment

Originally posted by stang 88 View Post
      the mustang owy 81m is mine and its all up and running would love to no more about it and ware is been in its life
      When I got my first Mustang in 1988, I used to meet up with the owner of OWY 81M and go to York dragway and a couple of local shows. It was very '70's' back then !!!!!! blue with stars, jacked up etc.

pictured below is your car and my old mustang taken summer 1992 at York racecourse

He was called 'John' but I never knew his surname. I think he bought it when it was around 4 years old, and sold it in late 1997/early 1998 through the (now defunct) American car sales place at Wetherby. The car was advertised for 10k, but not sure who bought it.

jgsmuzzy on this forum had it for 3 years 2001-4, but James hasn't been on here for 3 years.

He was searching for the car himself after he sold it. apparently its now black??

more info on owners and history here http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthre...tsroof-OWY-81M

have you got any pics you could post? Does it still have a vinyl roof? IIRC it didn't have power steering?

Glad to hear its still alive and well
      Last edited by sonicbloo; 01-08-2013, 11:04 PM.
      Paul

current ride 2003 GT Convertible - Sonic Blue

gone but not forgotten

70 351-4v Mach 1........72 351-2v convertible........94 GT convertible........05 GT convertible

Comment

owy 81m

Originally posted by sonicbloo View Post
        When I got my first Mustang in 1988, I used to meet up with the owner of OWY 81M and go to York dragway and a couple of local shows. It was very '70's' back then !!!!!! blue with stars, jacked up etc.

pictured below is your car and my old mustang taken summer 1992 at York racecourse

He was called 'John' but I never knew his surname. I think he bought it when it was around 4 years old, and sold it in late 1997/early 1998 through the (now defunct) American car sales place at Wetherby. The car was advertised for 10k, but not sure who bought it.

jgsmuzzy on this forum had it for 3 years 2001-4, but James hasn't been on here for 3 years.

He was searching for the car himself after he sold it. apparently its now black??

more info on owners and history here http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthre...tsroof-OWY-81M

have you got any pics you could post? Does it still have a vinyl roof? IIRC it didn't have power steering?

Glad to hear its still alive and well
        it is very alive and well it has power steering that I fitted it drop a valve last year that total the block so now has a complete rebuilt engine 351 still has vinyl roof so when I can figger out how to put pics on I will not so good with pc,s thank for the history good to put a little storey together

Comment

owy 81m

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_0720promjack0007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1132765Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_0720promjack0006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1132766
          Originally posted by stang 88 View Post
          it is very alive and well it has power steering that I fitted it drop a valve last year that total the block so now has a complete rebuilt engine 351 still has vinyl roof so when I can figger out how to put pics on I will not so good with pc,s thank for the history good to put a little storey together

Comment

Lookin' good, glad to see it's in good hands. I see it's got front indicators which are under the bumper and not in the front valance. Mine was the same and was sold new in the UK, so I'm guessing yours was maybe sold new here too. I put my indicators back into the factory location, as I preferred that look.

To trace the history and get photocopies of all the log books with previous owners names and dates of sale etc, costs 5 from DVLA. I did it when I had my 72 mustang (there were 11 former keepers and I managed to track down and speak to the first 2 owners)

Previous keeper details for your vehicle

Vehicles Fee Paying Enquiry Section
            DVLA
            Swansea
            SA99 1AJ

As the current registered keeper of a vehicle you can request information about the history of your vehicle and previous keepers. You must complete the relevant sections on the V888 form and send it with the fee of 5.00 to the address above.

Please note: a new V888 form was introduced in December 2008, edition 08/10. From 1 June 2009, DVLA will reject applications from customers who have completed an out of date V888 form.

https://www.dvla.gov.uk/dvla//data/r...torequest.aspx
            Paul

current ride 2003 GT Convertible - Sonic Blue

gone but not forgotten

70 351-4v Mach 1........72 351-2v convertible........94 GT convertible........05 GT convertible

Comment

Working...
            X