65 mustang fastback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65 mustang fastback

Been on the site for just over a year slightly longer than Iíve owned my 65 fastback. I admit it was an impulse buy (the first I saw well via the web) wasnít all it was cracked up to be ( shock and awe on your face now) but hey I had just enough money to get what I wanted it runs but not driven yet, lots done lots yet to do. I know if Iíd saved all the money Iíve spent Iíd still probably only get what I paid for a year later!!
    Anyway enough moans the story so far......

Replaced the complete front suspension (everything)
    Made a pair of adjustable strut rods ( bit of daze cars bit of my own)
    Rear brakes added a booster and dual bowl
    Cut the front battery apron out new goes in tomorrow hopefully
    and start the dreaded cowl replacement ( chilimoto what a price)

thats enough ugh for now, didnít take any pics during the suspension change but will post from now on

thats if anyoneís interested

Nice work, Keep pecking away and pretty soon you will be driving in style
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Well that didnít quite go to plan! Car out panel prepped and in, first tack weld and the bl00dy heavens opened. You got love which ever god smiles on us!
      On a more serious note though my car as with probably most likes to keep its secrets, so Iím looking for a passenger A pillar and outer rocker to replace the filler somebody thought was a good idea!!

Cheers

Comment

Wait till you see how the new rockers fit :-)

Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

I take it they might be a PITA to fit then? eBay to the rescue picked up a pair of CJ pony outer for a knocked down price!

Gotta keep plugging away

Comment

All ready to go!!

Comment

Well after some dalliances with a gas less welder I came to my senses and got some gas!!!
              Ahhhh now thatís better few practice runs to make sure it wasnít just me ( though Iím sure it probably was ) and the front aprons in!
              On to the cowl next

Comment

As an aside I made some of these this week, couldnít face paying nearly a ton. (Forgive the missing lug nut it appears I only have 19!!)

Comment

Sorry the centre caps not the wheels lol

Comment

Working...
                  X