1970 Mach 1 resto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970 Mach 1 resto

The car has arrived and many thanks to Ron Fenton (STS) for his hard work in getting it over here.
    More or less as described save for a missing prop shaft (?)

Was stood outside in Altanta and Virginia for some time.

Been told it needs floor and rear panel replacement and some work in the trunk floor area and the engine may require strip down (the good news is that it's a genuine 351C 4 bolt unit !!)

Dashpad and door cards cracked and probably need replacing. Strangely seats not too bad.

And finally a "present" that was left running around - "added value extra" that must have got through US immigration ......................;))

Strip down has started and will let you have more photos next week.
    Chris
    sigpic
    Mind if I adjust your shift stick?

Originally posted by silverfox999 View Post
    And finally a "present" that was left running around - "added value extra" that must have got through US immigration ......................;))

Chris
    Ah ha, we've been looking everywhere for Beryl =P~

Cheers, Ron
    www.stsimports.co.uk
    www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk

Comment

Nice looking car, will look forward to seeing the progress.

Good Luck with it.

BTW - check the wiring hasn't been gnawed by your little friend.

Comment

Had a look over this when we went to Ron's, Shame about the hood though and did you manage to get the door open? Great resto project

Comment

Great to see the car has arrived I am guessing that the wait was a nervous one. Looks like you got a lot to do but you got all winter to do it .
          Cant wait to see the strip down photos. Good luck.
          sigpic
          1965 Mustang GT 350 Race Car
          Previously 1969 Mach 1 DLP 3J
          and PRO 889L

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 Conv View Post
            Had a look over this when we went to Ron's, Shame about the hood though and did you manage to get the door open? Great resto project
            Thanks guys.

Wiring looks OK from dash to rear, just need to check it under dash.

Ron got me another hood, better than the one I had on it, top man Ron.
            Door was sticking on the trim at bottom of door, easy fix and no problem now!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

I love seeing them like this and then the gradual progress of restoration. There is something very satisfying with seeing the rebirth of all the projects on here. Keep the photos coming please. The main problem i have with mine is finding out what screws and bolts go where as i never stripped it. Best to bag an tag em.

Comment

I love seeing them like this and then the gradual progress of restoration. There is something very satisfying with seeing the rebirth of all the projects on here. Keep the photos coming please. The main problem i have with mine is finding out what screws and bolts go where as i never stripped it. Best to bag an tag em.
                Seconded. Love the before and after.

Comment

I bought some bags and used quite a few already. Taking loads of photos as already started to forget what goes where.................

Only "problem" is that I've jsut been emailed by Rinkens to say that the '66 GT350 clone will be on its way at beginning of Oct and should be here for around 17th, better get my arse in gear, as otherwise I can see me losing impetus when the 66 comes over and she, Mach 1, deserves so much better :-?
                  Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

As the 69 and 70 are basicaly the same i may have to pick your brains on what screws go where if you don't mind.

Comment

As the 69 and 70 are basicaly the same i may have to pick your brains on what screws go where if you don't mind.
                      No problem, I'll try my best!
                      PM me and I'll give you my mobile
                      Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

If you want a pair of original bumpers, need re-chroming, could be cheaper than repo's and much better when done, I think I have got some exterior trims as well, fan and power steering belts for a 351c, 2 new power master cylinders, a used single point dizzy in good nick as I bought it off Ebay as a spare, a used solenoid and a fair few more bits and bobs. I'm sure it will look great when you have done it and it will be well worth the wait.

Cheers, Ian
                        PS I'm in Mansfield

If God invented anything better than Mustangs and Sex he kept it for him self

Comment

My Son would love that as is will a nice set on wheels......he loves a bit of patina.

Great project.......we seem to be starting our restos at the same time.

Comment

Great pics Chris! :)

As balrick mentioned about re-chroming of bumpers I could do with one of mine re-chroming as it's gone a bit dull... so if you do go that route, and as we only live a few miles apart, maybe we could get a small-bulk discount somewhere.. ;) .. also have a mate who needs one or two doing for his '62 belair .. so could be going somewhere with this ..?

can anyone recommend a good re-chromer and any ideas how much to do one bumper assuming no repair needed ??
                            Cheers!
                            D
                            Last edited by Route--66--; 15-09-2012, 08:38 AM.
                            1965 200ci Coupe, Springtime

For Weddings www.applepiecar.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Route--66-- View Post
                              Great pics Chris! :)

As balrick mentioned about re-chroming of bumpers I could do with one of mine re-chroming as it's gone a bit dull... so if you do go that route, and as we only live a few miles apart, maybe we could get a small-bulk discount somewhere.. ;) .. also have a mate who needs one or two doing for his '62 belair .. so could be going somewhere with this ..?

can anyone recommend a good re-chromer and any ideas how much to do one bumper assuming no repair needed ??
                              Cheers!
                              D
                              Cheers Darren,
                              I have some new bumpers come over with the car via NPD.
                              I've heard Derby plating are good, not that far from both of us. I will need a 65FB bumper looking at soon, so we'll talk then.
                              Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X