Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

65 fastback project..... target, Brands Hatch in June.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65 fastback project..... target, Brands Hatch in June.

Well i've gone and done it now!!!

Having finaly picked her up last monday and had a week of tinkering-rather than mothball it as was the plan, while my boys and I built our little Anglia, i've gone and decided to go for it and try to get her on the road (in any form) to take it to Brands along with the convertible!

So here goes nothing!

65 289 auto convertible SOLD
    65 351 4 speed fastback
    65 289 coupe
    65 289 coupe

I love it. Keep us posted on progress. Peter
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

65 351 4 speed fastback
      65 289 coupe
      65 289 coupe

Comment

Great pictures Colin, they look so good together...really seems you have very little to do on the fastback, nice solid car.

Ian

Comment

Very nice, love the garage with 4 post lift....I want one of them!

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
          http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

So what's the plan of attack ?
            Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Comment

thanks guys. not much headroom for the lift until i rebuild my garage (subject to not buying any more cars and saving up!!!)

she's a solid project shell wise, terrible paint and the inside is stripped out. basicly i'm going to concentrate on getting her MOTd and registered and if i make it in time then i'll be bringing her to brands in whatever state she happens to be in when i run out of time ;))

i'm going to replace all the suspension,gas shocks, 620lb and mideye springs, steering joints etc. build side exit exhausts, sort the brakes and get all the electics connected back up. paint the inside of the doors, dash etc and get it useable. i have most of the parts but i may struggle with some parts that i don't know i haven't got such as the handbrake is completely missing/in bits. It's doable in the time scale but then we all know how much longer and more expensive things can be!!

I figure that i need to have her MOTd by early-mid may to allow for registering and shaking the bugs out...........it's going to be very tight i reckon.

65 351 4 speed fastback
              65 289 coupe
              65 289 coupe

Comment

Nice one Colin! Look forward to seeing her at Brands judging by what you have done already mate.
                Is the 350R apron a reasonable fit?
                Why are you not fitting the door mirrors?
                sigpic
                1965 Mustang GT 350 Race Car
                Previously 1969 Mach 1 DLP 3J
                and PRO 889L

Comment

Side exit exhausts

Originally posted by colin budden View Post
                  thanks guys. not much headroom for the lift until i rebuild my garage (subject to not buying any more cars and saving up!!!)

she's a solid project shell wise, terrible paint and the inside is stripped out. basicly i'm going to concentrate on getting her MOTd and registered and if i make it in time then i'll be bringing her to brands in whatever state she happens to be in when i run out of time ;))

i'm going to replace all the suspension,gas shocks, 620lb and mideye springs, steering joints etc. build side exit exhausts, sort the brakes and get all the electics connected back up. paint the inside of the doors, dash etc and get it useable. i have most of the parts but i may struggle with some parts that i don't know i haven't got such as the handbrake is completely missing/in bits. It's doable in the time scale but then we all know how much longer and more expensive things can be!!

I figure that i need to have her MOTd by early-mid may to allow for registering and shaking the bugs out...........it's going to be very tight i reckon.
                  Hi Colin

Liking the progress being made on the Fastback, and it compliments the convertible very nicely. I am in the process of changing my current side exit exhaust system on my '65 FB to twin pipes out the rear, so will have the side exits available very shortly if thats any use to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman429 View Post
                    Nice one Colin! Look forward to seeing her at Brands judging by what you have done already mate.
                    Is the 350R apron a reasonable fit?
                    Why are you not fitting the door mirrors?
                    Hi mate. the apron was just sat on there and looks like it will need little more than trimming the centre intake area to allow it to go further back and meet up with the front wings so looking pretty good!

I'm looking to fit the R-model style mirrors now so the chrome ones are surplus and if i cant get a sensible price for them then i may well put them on my convertible.

I've got everything crossed i can get her up and running for brands and so has my wife because that would mean she gets to drive the convertible up there :-s

65 351 4 speed fastback
                    65 289 coupe
                    65 289 coupe

Comment

Originally posted by charleybarley View Post
                      Hi Colin

Liking the progress being made on the Fastback, and it compliments the convertible very nicely. I am in the process of changing my current side exit exhaust system on my '65 FB to twin pipes out the rear, so will have the side exits available very shortly if thats any use to you?
                      Hi mate,

that sounds very interesting :-? forgive me for asking but are they home made or manufactured? i would be most interested to see some pic's of them on and off your car please. i do have something specific in mind but yours may well do the trick. i even bought a pipe bender to build mine and a rollcage.

what size are the pipes and what type of mufflers? do they exit at an angle or 90 degrees to the rocker panel?

what sort of money are you thinking and where are you?

cheers,

colin.

65 351 4 speed fastback
                      65 289 coupe
                      65 289 coupe

Comment

Nice car Colin, good luck with the build.

Phil

Classic American Restoration Services
                        01992 890969..............07590 431511
                        www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
                        https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

Comment

Originally posted by phil k View Post
                          Nice car Colin, good luck with the build.

Phil
                          thanks phil.....i'm going to need it!! i've just been looking at the wiring in the engine bay.......it's a mess and i'm no good with wiring X_X looks like some really odd things have been done ~X(

65 351 4 speed fastback
                          65 289 coupe
                          65 289 coupe

Comment

I'd just buy an engine side harness new and trash the crap wiring. It's amazing how screwed up things get over the years

My car has a brand new RJM engine harness but the air con and such was wired so poorly that I am having Surrey Mustang redo it.

Peter
                            Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                            We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang View Post
                              I'd just buy an engine side harness new and trash the crap wiring. It's amazing how screwed up things get over the years

My car has a brand new RJM engine harness but the air con and such was wired so poorly that I am having Surrey Mustang redo it.

Peter
                              TBH Peter, there seems to be few alterations but it's all very hard and tired and everything has been disconnected and stripped out. Ultimately i'd like to get a complete new loom when i can afford it..... probably when i strip her right back down again in a couple of years.

65 351 4 speed fastback
                              65 289 coupe
                              65 289 coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X