68 coupe project stage 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

68 coupe project stage 2

The car is booked in for the end of March for mini tubs and sub frame connectors maybe a rear roll cage wandered if anyone had any tips before it went in

Chassis connectors completed using roll cage bar that follows the shape of the floor and opted for a bolt in roll cage that connects to the parcel shelf it means I keep the rear seats until I decide what I want to do with the car. I've left it at mark huxleys shop to have the rear arches rolled and have an anti sway bar installed on the axle to stop any rubbing when I drop the rear end 2 inches. Need some new wheels really if I want more rubber on the Back got 2 inch spare on the inset.

Pictures to come

Comment

Thought I would post this pic as for some reason I think cars look best like this this is mine just before the acid dip I like it because you can only wonder what it is gonna look like when finished

Comment

cool ,but its the picture after the dip we want to see,or may be not lol.:-?
        [SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

It survived the dip good solid car I was lucky considering what I payed for the car

Comment

And this is it now we'll before the 2 inch drop on the back and roll bar

Comment

Originally posted by hannibal View Post

And this is it now we'll before the 2 inch drop on the back and roll bar
              Looks amazing hannibal keep it up

Comment

Looks familiar :-bd

Phil

Classic American Restoration Services
                01992 890969..............07590 431511
                www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
                https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

Comment

Got my eye on a 363 Keith craft engine with a magnum t56 six speed transmission with hydrolic clutch also ap racing brakes were going to make a kit up for the front as a proto type for there line but I'll only have them if a get a discount as I'll have to loan my front spindles .

I looked at a 427 but I think it's too much power any ideas

Comment

New items

Just purchased and picked this up off eBay fibre glass boot lid for my coupe to be tidied up then malvern fiberglass are going to do a mould for me If anyone is interested in one pm me must say it is a well built piece and spent its life on manic mechanic s drag car .

Comment

New item

Also got this hood not to sure what the cut outs are for I think louvres but again really pleased with the quality and again fibre glass .i will get a mould of this also so if anyone wants one pm me

I'm having them redone in carbon fibre as the price has dropped quite a bit dependent on which weave and type pre preg is the best but the cost is quite high .i know it isn't the preferred look on a classic mustang but fiberglass was used in racing and I think if carbon fibre was available it would of been widely used

Comment

Hi, you have a PM

1966 Coupe: 1995-
                        1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
                        2005 Mustang GT 2014-
                        2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Pulled out the engine and c4 box today ready for an upgrade not gonna go crazy power but going with an engine that if it was available at the time would of definatly been an option get the go ahead from the boss at home when I finish the utility room and treat us to a holiday in Egypt to stop with my sister for a week.
                          I'm still stuck on the idea of a t56 termec six speed as I just prefer a manual .

Comment

Back to square one

Comment

Grille?

Originally posted by hannibal View Post
                              Back to square one
                              Interesting Grille.... Where did you get it?
                              Ferds.

'66 Coupe (is that a Coo-pay... or a Cooop?) V8 289 Auto

That's not an oil leak... it's just my car marking its territory..:p

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X