Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those seats are gold dust

Good Work.
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Sounds like a great set up - I have Tri-Ys and a Mustang Steve cable clutch conversion ready to assemble - there are various different Tri-Y configurations so hopefully yours will work out of the box.

As you say, dual quads a bit too much for a 289 - assume your manifold allows fitment under a stock hood..? You can get spacers to raise the rocker covers, so you can make those work irrespectively.

Finally, please just tell me it's not SCM that's got your car..?
      1966 Mustang Hardtop - Trans-Am tribute in the making..
      1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
      1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
      1974 Ford Econoline E100

Comment

Finally, please just tell me it's not SCM that's got your car..?[/QUOTE

Ouch...

Comment

Originally posted by harryburroughs View Post
          Ouch...
          Why? Their shortfalls are well known on this forum.

But, let's not tarnish this thread with speculation and debate - I for one am really looking forward to the updates; upgrades whilst maintaining a stock-ish appearance are right up my street :Burnout

Keep them coming ZG
          1966 Mustang Hardtop - Trans-Am tribute in the making..
          1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
          1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
          1974 Ford Econoline E100

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroGravitas View Post
            Had a good chat with the shop over the weekend, and have been doing some serious research that's allowed me to make a few more decisions.

I'm going to go for the FITech EFI kit:
            http://www.fitechefi.com/default.asp...temSix-PackKit

And their Fuel Commander kit as well:
            http://www.fitechefi.com/default.asp...lCommandCenter
            Looking forward to hearing about the EFI conversion!

Comment

As 66coop has said, the intake choice will be key to getting the EFI kit and air filter under the hood - I'm not sure if the '67 Shelby bonnet has more room because of the air vents.

Anyone got any thoughts on the final drive ratio? Lots of talk in the US about 3.5:1 being good when used with the T5, but their driving isn't like our driving, so I'd appreciate some thoughts based on UK experience!

Comment

How's the build getting on ?

Comment

and who's doing it??

Comment

Sadly this build never progressed as it was with a company well known on here. (As some of you correctly guessed!) I was incredibly lucky and got my money back in full, so I only lost time, and face. A valuable lesson learned!
                    Now, is anyone selling a Nightmist Blue '67 GT350 replica?

Comment

Working...
                    X