1967 390 GT Eleanor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1967 390 GT Eleanor

i recently imported the 67 for a client who has requested an Eleanor. I know the "critics" will be moaning about a genuine 390 GT finished in original Dark Moss Green with a manual transmission but at the end of the day, it's my customers money not mine, and in all honesty, the prices are going through the roof, even base 289 fastback projects are sky rocketing so for a few dollars more it seemed the sensible choice to make.

Anyway, here it is, warts and all :-bd

Phil

Classic American Restoration Services
    01992 890969..............07590 431511
    www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

As you say Phil each to their own, would never knock other choice on how their car should look ( unless they ask !).
    Reality is that they are rescuing that from a barn and its not “Christine” so won’t restore itself !

Will look forward to following progress.
    Current Mustang Red 1965 Coupe - Previous Mustangs 2008 S197, 1965 Coupe

Comment

Why the hell not - looking forward to the updates
      1966 Mustang Hardtop - Trans-Am tribute in the making..
      1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
      1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
      1974 Ford Econoline E100

Comment

Yep, as above, another thread I will be watching with avid interest. (And probably a little drooling!)

Comment

It looks like you'll have a lot to do so I guess the originality aspect doesn't really apply.
          Personally I'm a big fan of the resto mods that the Ring Brothers do so if someone wants Eleanor then let them have her.

Comment

Originally posted by PonyandTrap View Post
            It looks like you'll have a lot to do so I guess the originality aspect doesn't really apply.
            Personally I'm a big fan of the resto mods that the Ring Brothers do so if someone wants Eleanor then let them have her.
            Check out "Vicious Stang" that's pretty Epic
            Classic pre 75 Ford and Chevy addict who Works in Software industry & also part owner of a small LTD Shop that imports Cool / custom pre 1970 American Cars / Trucks https://www.horsepwrkustoms.com

Comment

Well it's finally in the workshop having been stored with Ron for what seems like forever (thanks Mr Fenton)

Anyway the teardown will commence tomorrow ready for the cutting up and welding to begin.

Phil

Comment

With a coachline both sides :-?
                1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

This will be epic
                  Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                  We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Way I figure is at least it creates some work for everyone involved and becomes something of something to someone.

Good luck with it !
                    Classic pre 75 Ford and Chevy addict who Works in Software industry & also part owner of a small LTD Shop that imports Cool / custom pre 1970 American Cars / Trucks https://www.horsepwrkustoms.com

Comment

Plenty going on since my last update. The car is now in the process of being stripped ready for rust replacement to get underway, just the steering and rear axle to remove and then the fun can start.

Phil

Comment

It's been a while but progress has been made. The metalwork on the car has now been completed and the body kit fitted. Everything has been straightened out and finally the car has been painted. Epoxy primer, high build primer base and finally clear coat, all in 15 coats of paint before wet sanding and a 4 stage polish. Next up will be the suspension, steering and brakes along with lighting and wiring loom. The amount of man hours involved to get the car to this stage are immense, believe me, building an Eleanor is far more than bolting on a body kit.....

Phil

Comment

Great work Phil, iamagine the owner will be very pleased once it’s completed.
                          Current Mustang Red 1965 Coupe - Previous Mustangs 2008 S197, 1965 Coupe

Comment

Superb - been enjoying the updates on Instagram.

Anything fancy planned for the running gear, Phil..?
                            1966 Mustang Hardtop - Trans-Am tribute in the making..
                            1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
                            1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
                            1974 Ford Econoline E100

Comment

Originally posted by 66coop View Post
                              Superb - been enjoying the updates on Instagram.

Anything fancy planned for the running gear, Phil..?
                              390 fuel injected engine, 5 speed manual transmission, Eaton Tru Trac rear end 3.50:1 rear gears, coil over front suspension with tubular arms and 4 link rear suspension, Power steering and 4 wheel power disc brakes.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X