Sale of Petrol cars now banned from 2030

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale of Petrol cars now banned from 2030

Interesting subject ​​​​ i think we need to vote Jeremy Clarkson in as our new Leader

Enjoy it while you can, the titanic's already hit the iceberg we're just awaiting the inevitable!

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
      Enjoy it while you can, the titanic's already hit the iceberg we're just awaiting the inevitable!
      Is it a ban on existing vehicles or a ban on new vehicles?

Comment

The proposal is to ban the sale of new ICE cars nothing as yet about existing vehicles but we all know about mission creep.

The message as always is party on while you can!

Comment

Pay per mile makes sense as cars whether they weigh in at 3T or 1T do minimal road damage compared to 40T trucks. The vlogger has trouble talking about the future when he constantly berates gas guzzlers at the same time as talking on the pretext of petrol and diesel cars being phased out.

When we all go electric there are green taxes on electricity so any vehicle that is less efficient will need charging more and more often so the green tax will reflect this. So an alternative to a per mile charge would be to levy taxes on charging points and require every home has a dedicated metered charge point with a power rating delivery that cannot be initiated by an extension lead off a 16A ring main. That'd be a neat solution to the taxing problem of 40bn going going gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Dragon View Post
            The proposal is to ban the sale of new ICE cars nothing as yet about existing vehicles but we all know about mission creep.

The message as always is party on while you can!
            I believe it is ICE only, ie hybrids are allowed.

I think 10 years is too soon giving how long these things take to get through so if it is announced i wouldn't be surprised to see it creep out nearer the time when they realise the manufacturers and infrastructure aren't ready.

Comment

Manufacturers are ready apart from sourcing enough batteries.
              I take it then it will be mandatory for all new build houses to have built in charge points, what about people who live on a street or don't get to park anywhere near their house?
              Power station capacity, Boris is living in cloud cuckoo land if he things he can produce enough electric from windmills!
              Not saying its a bad idea in itself but I personally think hybrids are the only really sensible way forward in the near future.
              The way governments progress it will take another 50 years to get the infrastructure in place.
              Road tax will need to be replaced or added to electric cars, or maybe it will become the ideal opportunity to track everyone's movements and call it road pricing? Or maybe pay as you charge?

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                maybe it will become the ideal opportunity to track everyone's movements and call it road pricing? Or maybe pay as you charge?
                George Orwell, “1984” Ring any bells? We’re all walking into it with our eyes wide shut! It never ceases to amaze me what the British public will tolerate without a fight. I foolishly thought that democracy was having an elected government doing the bidding of the electorate!

I can’t see the French standing for anything like this. They would blockade until the government listened, like they always have. Just my opinion.
                . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

Comment

Interesting................

1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                  2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                  2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Very interesting Geoff.

With 2030 only 9 years away there is going to be some very interesting decisions to be made over the next few years from anyone purchasing a car, will it have any value at the end of the term? Will it lead to an increase in leases, probably, will the monthly charge increase as lease companies cover the reduced residuals, possibly.

Ultimately a lot of who knows right now.

A big part of car ownership for me is the noise, it seems like this will probably go at some point but maybe i'm too old school for what the world needs now (ps i'm only 42!)

Comment

Comment

Time to leave this Snowflake F---ked up Country

Comment

Originally posted by 92 GTS-R View Post
                          Time to leave this Snowflake F---ked up Country
                          Trouble is there's nowwhere else to go, they are already F---ked up or will head that way.

My Son and family went to the U.S 4 years ago, just before Trump got in.
                          He's just bought a house now, having been renting previously and his job is reasonably secure.

What a completely F---KED up country that is now and is only going to get worse no matter who becomes President.
                          Stuart
                          2014 GT/CS

Comment

Originally posted by mad4v8 View Post

Trouble is there's nowwhere else to go, they are already F---ked up or will head that way.

My Son and family went to the U.S 4 years ago, just before Trump got in.
                            He's just bought a house now, having been renting previously and his job is reasonably secure.

What a completely F---KED up country that is now and is only going to get worse no matter who becomes President.
                            My Cousin emigrated to New Zealand With her husband and daughter and they absolutely love it ! That being said neither of them are Petrol heads so I’ve no idea what the thoughts or policies are there to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                            X