MoT requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MoT requirements

Just read an interesting article whilst checking out the do’s and don’ts of classic ownership and it transpires that if your car is used for paying passengers. - which I think any car hire comes under, wedding or otherwise - then an MoT is mandatory, ergo, the exemption doesn’t apply. Maybe everyone else here already knows that but I admit I didn’t.
    (I’ve also posted this under “General Discussion”)
    . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

"The Government is proposing to close this loophole by making chauffeur driven wedding hire cars subject to the same regulations as taxis and prom vehicles. This will mean significant extra costs for classic car owners who hire their cars for chauffeur driven weddings, which we suspect will mean that many stop offering their cars for this purpose."
    Quote taken from Great Escapes Cars

Just found the above which is going to stop most people hiring out their car for weddings I should imagine.
    Last edited by Anaconda; 31-05-2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

It'll stop everyone with a Classic as Private hire cars cannot be over 6 years old at time of first issue of a licence (age may vary slightly across local authorities) and 4 door.
      And it'll stop most of the Limo's if there's any left still working.
      Last edited by mad4v8; 31-05-2022, 03:11 PM.
      Stuart
      2014 GT/CS

Comment

Slowly but surely all the joy of life is being sucked out of us by self interested plutocrats……unless we want to pay for it. If they can see a profit in something for their rich buddies, enactment will surely follow, citing economy, the environment and any other convenient ship they wish to nail their mast to. Sad to say we are almost certainly the last generation to enjoy the freedoms that we have grown up with.
        Maybe Mike will be along shortly to give us some clarity on these issues?

Comment

Originally posted by mick the hat View Post
          Slowly but surely all the joy of life is being sucked out of us by self interested plutocrats……unless we want to pay for it. If they can see a profit in something for their rich buddies, enactment will surely follow, citing economy, the environment and any other convenient ship they wish to nail their mast to. Sad to say we are almost certainly the last generation to enjoy the freedoms that we have grown up with.
          Maybe Mike will be along shortly to give us some clarity on these issues?
          By the looks of it we could well be the last generation that will have the actual choice to drive your own car where ,when and how we want to!

Comment

What an awful thought. I’m just glad I’ve lived when I have. Despite recent events, I think we’ve had the best of times in so many ways.

Comment

Working...
            X