This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOCGB Santa Pod day - date changed to 31st July 2020

Due to Covid restrictions our Santa Pod day has moved back to 31st July 2020. This was almost all sold when the lockdown kicked in and sales completely stopped (obviously).

After lengthy discussions & negotiations with Santa Pod management I was recently given 31st July as the new date. There are strict limits on numbers and once the new date was announced it sold out almost immediately. No spectators are allowed but, because we are a private event, we are allowed some 'crew' which will then let some spectators in.

I have been keeping a 'waiting list' and have recently had a couple of cars drop out for various reasons so those at the top of the waiting list have now been added.

If anyone is interested in racing please contact me and I will put you on the list..... you never know we may be allowed more numbers if the Government relaxes rules further as this is a ongoing situation.

There are no spectator tickets available.

There is no "Pay on the gate" this year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MOCGB Santa Pod day 3rd July 2020.jpg Views:	678 Size:	112.8 KB ID:	1240907
    Last edited by Slowhand; 15-06-2020, 02:46 PM.

Herts & North London Area secretary.
    Committee Member - Events - Motorsport

I am so pleased that we are going to have the chance to do it all again next year. As a complete novice I really enjoyed this years event and would advise anyone who hasn't done it before to have a go, don't worry if you don't have a quick car, its fun trying to beat your own reaction time.

Comment

Agreed - It was the cheapest and best day ever at the Pod with no queuing - hope we will be able to keep the price low again. Santa Pod are reviewing costs incurred last year and getting back to me with a (revised?) costing in a week or two.

We will open this to paid up MOCGB members first as we did last year, to make sure all club members who are interested get a ticket.

I just wanted to get the date out there with plenty of notice so folks can plan ahead.

Comment

A great day out and as Dave (Anaconda) has mentioned it's a fun day out and no pressure on anyone,just get out there and give it a go.You've probably done worse off the traffic lights

Comment

We looking forward to it already
          www.mustangmaniac.co.uk

www.mustangmaniac.org

https://mustangmaniac.co.uk/forum/

Comment

will keep an eye on this as defo want to go next year
            2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT Premium

photo 45thbadge_zpsa0a88dcc.jpg

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Santa Pod S8.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	524.3 KB
ID:	1241933
              Great to see Santa Pod day is returning in 2020.
              It was a great day no pressure and lots of fun.It was my first time and I loved it is just like pulling away from the traffic lights without the worry of getting banned.
              Hope it is a great day for all the participants
              Unfortunatly I cannot make it as travelling down to Spain in the next month to start a new life.
              Driving down in the Mustang so all is not lost.​​​​​​​

Comment

I'm still talking to Santa Pod at the moment.

Price has gone up a little since last year but I'm hoping to get the "prepped track" (which we didn't have last year) included next time which will enhance the whole experience and be safer (and faster) for the quicker cars.

Prices should be announced soon. If you're deffo interested and can make 3rd July PM me and I will compile a list names. Fully paid up MOCGB members will be given priority as last year.

Watch this space!

Comment

Now open to members:

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/c...QwEeBBKuHGic1A

Comment

This is being opened up to non-members in a couple of weeks but at the moment MOCGB members still have priority. The 100 allocation is filling up so don't miss out on the best Santa Pod day of the year with no queues, a FULLY PREPPED TRACK and pure American Muscle ONLY.

Comment

Coming this year as spectator. Looking forward to this.

Comment

Hi Slowhand,

i rejoined the MOCGB last last night after not having a stang for a while but back on it now (post in the newbie forum) I should now be a full paid up member but can’t for some reason access the link you have provided.

Hence is the 3rd July a run way ya brung day for all MOCGB to have a go ? If so as a paid up member can you put my name down please whilst I await my approval as a paid up member coming through.

thanks
                        Last edited by DarkStang65; 29-02-2020, 07:32 PM.
                        Current: 2005 GT in Redfire

Past: 1965 black coupe, 2005 black GT, 1970 Boss 302 in grabber blue

Comment

This is being opened up to non-members in a couple of weeks but at the moment MOCGB members still have priority. The 100 allocation is filling up so don't miss out on the best Santa Pod day of the year with no queues, a FULLY PREPPED TRACK and pure American Muscle ONLY. all details here https://sites.google.com/site/mocgbsantapodevent/

Comment

Just paid,
                            I can't wait...

Regards Phil

Comment

Just paid the fee hence hopefully I am now in.

First time for me tearing down a strip and can’t wait as it’s been on my bucket list for years.

Cheers,
                              David.
                              Current: 2005 GT in Redfire

Past: 1965 black coupe, 2005 black GT, 1970 Boss 302 in grabber blue

Comment

Working...
                              X