Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d like to put my name down once membership is renewed.

Comment

Hi James - looks like you're now an "MOCGB Paid Member" so get in there before its thrown open to the wider "American Car owning public", which may be quite soon.

and....in other news......we have another sponsor on board.

As well as "Mustang Maniac Ltd" sponsoring the trophies we now have Nick Briton from "Yum Cars" putting up some prizes and displaying his car cleaning & detailing product ranges on the day. Each prize is a NINE bottle and three microfiber "Kompact Bundle" which is fantastic.

Nick will also be picking the "Yummyest car" for a prize too! Thanks Nick!

Click image for larger version

Name:	yum.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1246021

Herts & North London Area secretary.
      Committee Member - Events - Motorsport

Comment

Just paid up, fingers crossed it will stop raining by then!

Comment

Originally posted by stevec2004 View Post
          A great day out and as Dave (Anaconda) has mentioned it's a fun day out and no pressure on anyone,just get out there and give it a go.You've probably done worse off the traffic lights
          Well I tried that once......Rolled up to the line, (No prior burnout) Built the revs up to about 2000 rpm, lights changed to Green as I dropped the clutch......And a few other bits!

Just saying

Comment

Mark, you don't have to give it full beans every time you set off, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
              Mark, you don't have to give it full beans every time you set off, just saying.
              Sorry I don't understand what your Saying.........I thought that's how all American car owner should drive

Comment

I paid tonight too, but on the other thread that only opens when you click the link on page 1. Highly confusing !!
                '65 Fb,'65 Cp,'69 Z code

Comment

Originally posted by tim65fastback View Post
                  I paid tonight too, but on the other thread that only opens when you click the link on page 1. Highly confusing !!
                  We received a payment from a "Tim" on 12th March so presume this is you tim65fastback? - (1 x driver, 1 x addnl driver & 2 spectators?).

Thanks

Not sure what is confusing here though Tim?

Until this week this was open to fully paid up MOCGB members only - so I posted it in the 'Members Section' here and put links to that page.

We have a few remaining spaces so we've now thrown it open to the wider American Car Owners Clubs and FB groups to get to 102 number so that the event breaks even.

Other Santa Pod days are set up to make a profit but we are just looking to cover our costs. Its much cheaper than a general Santa Pod RWYB day (or the Mopar Euronats) and you'll be lucky to get more than 3 or 4 runs in with all the queuing.

The MOCGB day is just 35.00 and with a 102 limit there will be no queuing .....and this year we also have a fully prepped track. Whats not to like?

Details here but be quick - we are shutting off at 102 racing as we deffo don't want queues.

See ya there

Comment

Hi Just paid for one driver and one spectator.
                    If more spectators want to come can they pay on the day?
                    Looking forward to another great day.
                    Dave

Comment

[QUOTE=Slowhand;n1246342]

We received a payment from a "Tim" on 12th March so presume this is you tim65fastback? - (1 x driver, 1 x addnl driver & 2 spectators?).

Thanks

Not sure what is confusing here though Tim?

Thanks, yes it was me ! Not sure why it only said Tim though. my paypal should have surname too or at least quote the email address. I'm not too up on the friends and family thing though I only usually use it for ebay and buying stuff from Jegs and NPD !!

And you're right, the only reason I couldnt see the other post was because I wasnt logged in so of course its in the members only area. Sorry, I'm just a forum dimwit

'65 Fb,'65 Cp,'69 Z code

Comment

Hi Dave - yes got that from you for V111... etc. ....and paying for spectators on the day will probably be OK but people WON'T be able to pay to race on the day - we need to know numbers beforehand.

Hi Tim - your payment did have your surname I just didn't want to put that on here in the public domain in case it was a problem for you.

I've put that link here again so that anyone who's interested can see it without logging on.

Comment

Hi all,

Firstly this looks like an awesome opportunity - are there any spaces left, I'd love to have the opportunity to fully embarrass myself, but hopefully not the car ;)

Secondly do we think it's likely to still go ahead??

Many thanks
                          Will

1968 302 Burgundy Coupe

Comment

Who knows, I would wait and see before booking a ticket. Apart from that I had a cracking time last year (first time down the track) and virtually run non stop all day, probably hold the record for most runs in a day.
                            You don't have to thrash it at all, its quite good fun just trying to beat your own reaction time.
                            If it happens then do it, one of my best days out last year.

Comment

To be honest we are in 'wait and see' mode at the moment.

Its anyone's guess if this Covid-19 will all be over by the summer. We will also have to be guided by the Santa Pod management to a great extent (and whatever their advice is nearer the time.)

Comment

Working...
                              X