RAF Odiham Families Day - 2019- 25th July

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF Odiham Families Day - 2019- 25th July

The annual RAF Odiham families day will be on 25th July this year (yes I know, another random date - got to keep people guessing)

What is this?
    RAF Odiham is the Home of the Chinook helicopter force in the U.K., and hosts one day each year for the families of service persons working here.

But Iím not a service person?
    Correct- but there is always a ground Ďstaticí display on these days, and showing off out cars for the benefit of others means that we can be exhibitors!

Oh? That sounds interesting?!
    Indeed it is! We almost always have multiple flying displays from the chinook display team (obviously...) BBMF, typhoons display team, red arrows (commitments depending) and various warbirds/civilians displays etc...

What does it cost?
    Nothing! This is a private event held for the benefit of raf Odiham perssonell, we act as exhibitors. If you wish to make a donation to any of the forces charities we will always welcome that.

So, this will be the Ďinterestí thread- I will make a better thread when Iím back in the U.K. in a month or so.

Those who have been before, please chime in with your experiences/photos.

Any questions etc please send them to me, or add them to this thread if relevant to all.

cheers, Dave

Always a great day out a definite from me please Dave and thanks for inviting us again
    sigpic
    2004 GT Convertible Shadow Gray

Membership Secretary MOCGB

My Photo Website

Comment

A little insight into last years event - have been lucky enough to have been twice, always a great day out...............Dave are you sure I am not family.
      Editor Round Up
      2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
      1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

Definitely a great day out and worth a day's holiday to support!
        Got it on the calendar and will keep an eye out for more news.
        Thank you Dave.
        '65 289 "A" Code GT Optioned Coupe, with 4spd Toploader and Arvinode exhaust - sounds great! :D :gears

Comment

Worked on 7 Squadron at Odiham, happy to support if Im not at work!

Comment

Best day out of the year & great to give something back to our guys & girls in R.A.F. Count us in again Dave.

Comment

Great Dave! Count us in, we'll be the '65 this year
              sigpic
              2011 3.7 V6 Premium Convertible
              1965 289 V8 Coupe

Mustangs are not just horses.......

Comment

Can you add me in as well please Dave.Always enjoy the day :)

Comment

Always a fantastic day out, however this year looks like it might conflict with pre-planned activities, will need to check some things and confirm nearer the time!

Can you pencil us in, subject to confirmation!

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
                  http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mike67fb View Post
                    Always a fantastic day out, however this year looks like it might conflict with pre-planned activities, will need to check some things and confirm nearer the time!

Can you pencil us in, subject to confirmation!
                    That will be a shame if you canít make it Mike. This the Thursday before Silverstone Classic this year. Back to when it was before. Last year I think was August.

Comment

A great day/event and a pleasure to be part of it - definitely available again this year and appreciate all the effort on the organising side !
                      My photos from last year are now on FLICKR and can be found here.... https://flic.kr/s/aHsmpaKbbi

2009 4.6V8 GT Premium, Eibach Springs, BMR UCA and LCA, Pypes Violators, Black S550 Wheels

Comment

Yes please, Dave.
                        2017 GT Convertible

Comment

Count me in again please , and it's not just because of the free coffee and cake stand!!

Comment

Not 100% sure on the stalls- but the cake stands have been there for the past 3 years at least!

Comment

As pm Dave, I am happy to be contact again if required & collect tickets day before.

Comment

Working...
                              X