No announcement yet.

RAF Odiham Families Day - 2019- 25th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be very warm - lots of water, sunscreen, towels and maybe a change of clothes.. LOL

2009 4.6V8 GT Premium, Eibach Springs, BMR UCA and LCA, Pypes Violators, Black S550 Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by JAR View Post
      Hi Guys, sorry if I've missed this but do they sell burgers or sandwiches on the base? I'm bringing two kids along one of whom can out-eat me...need to be prepared
      There is always a curry, the WI have cakes and there are varying catering vans. I take a bit of a picnic in addition as I too know the ravenous plague that is hollow children.

Comment

Originally posted by wrooty View Post

There is always a curry, the WI have cakes and there are varying catering vans. I take a bit of a picnic in addition as I too know the ravenous plague that is hollow children.

good to know, thank you Wrooty!
        1969 302 Fastback

Comment

Originally posted by wrooty View Post

Last two years the curry has been missing but certainly catering vans and other vendors for fast food, plus last year I recall a sweet stall, think this year might be a case of plenty of water and suncream.

Hoping to stop at Fleet Services for breakfast around 6.30 / 6.45am all depending on traffic around the M25/M3.
          Editor Round Up
          2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
          2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
          1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by SurreyXedos View Post

Vinyl seats - you just canít beat them!

Must remember to pack a towel.
            Very good point....

Hi Guys, sorry if I've missed this but do they sell burgers or sandwiches on the base? I'm bringing two kids along one of whom can out-eat me...need to be prepared
            Normally there is a Fish/Chips/Burger place and a few other food options.

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
            http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

I've just been cruising around in the 66, man its hot out there, even hotter tomorrow! Glad I will be in the S197 with the A/C on full blast

1966 Coupe: 1995-
              1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
              2005 Mustang GT 2014-
              2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

For those of us in non AC cars the drive home will be memorable
                1969 302 Fastback

Comment

For those of us in non AC cars the drive home will be memorable
                  Windows open and the front quarter windows turned fully so that it directs air into the car....

My car doesn't like being sat in traffic in the heat (mechanical fan no electric fan) so the usual queue to get out might be problematic.

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
                  http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

FINAL UPDATE!

The field is being set up as we speak

Tents are up
                    Parking is ready
                    Aircraft are maybe/possibly/could be serviceable
                    Weather has been ordered, I hear thereís a small problem, and they got a bulk order of sunshine, rather than the 60seconds originally asked for......

Hope Yíall enjoy the day- and remember, it didnít happen without pictures!

Please put all questions to John regards meet-up/convoy etc.
                    (I will be on here sporadically at best)

Comment

Actually that's a good point - do we know what sort of time things wrap up?

Seem to remember it was around 16:30 last time I went.

And if there's a post this evening of the planned timings for things happening through the day that would be great - don't want to be taking a nap in the shade at the side of the car!

'65 289 "A" Code GT Optioned Coupe, with 4spd Toploader and Arvinode exhaust - sounds great! :D :gears

Comment

Generallly finishes around 1700. Thereís not usually a problem if people want to go a bit earlier, but there is always a late cut off due to a party generally starting 1800-1900ish (families and service persons only)

Rough timings- (based on past experience)

0800 you guys will be on/driving up to set up
                        0900-1300 families flying (there will be a massive amount of people that will go flying ~1500 I think? But unless youíre entitled family please do not! try to get flying)
                        1300-1630 flying display
                        1630-1730 wrap up/pack up

the whole day will have ground stalls from Cake stalls, equipment sections on camp, military vehicles (tanks etc), other classic cars, and multiple static aircraft- some of which youíll be able to climb around/in/on.

FINAL POINT

I know most people will understand anyway- but Iíll still say it:
                        Please remember that the MOCGB are guests on a military base, on a Families-only closed event. We get invited back/allowed to come because we put on a good display and act accordingly.

Have fun!

Comment

Many thanks for the info. Dave - sorry, didn't mean to keep you online.

Looking forward to a great day.

...and cake.
                          '65 289 "A" Code GT Optioned Coupe, with 4spd Toploader and Arvinode exhaust - sounds great! :D :gears

Comment

Originally posted by SurreyXedos View Post
                            Many thanks for the info. Dave - sorry, didn't mean to keep you online.

Looking forward to a great day.

...and cake.
                            No worries!

mmmmm cake......

Comment

Okay guys n gals. I now have passes in my possession. Massive shout out to Dave, even though he is away trying to have a well earned holiday he has been involved with sorting out a potentially big hiccup. Passes were posted out to my home address over a week ago. Typically our great postal service had not delivered them. I have spent in conjunction with Dave several messages to try & resolve this. Dave yesterday had made further plans for duplicate passes to be made ready. So I have been to collect these from a colleague of Dave at base today. Now at hotel & sorted out. We are still 1 pass short, so Dave has made further arrangements for 1 to be made ready in morning.
                              so if anyone has a change of plans not to come tomorrow for any reason please let me know ASAP.
                              it was very very hot at base today so remember to bring any Suncream, Hats or sunshade/Umbrella with you. Very little to no shade around.
                              will see everyone at Tesco, Hook in morning.

anyone using M3 southbound, there are average speed cameras/speed cameras from M25 to M3 junc 4A.

Comment

Thanks for all the effort you have put in John. I will be there tomorrow but my wife has decided to bail out due to the heat which is predicted.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
                                1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
                                2005 Mustang GT 2014-
                                2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Working...
                                X