RAF Odiham Families Day - 2019- 25th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
    Thanks for all the effort you have put in John. I will be there tomorrow but my wife has decided to bail out due to the heat which is predicted.
    No worries Dave. I can understand her reasoning.

Comment

Big thanks to Dave and John for the organisation.

Interesting guided route to our parking spot! - thought we were being directed off base again

Great day had and nice to meet a few people.

I did try to post a few photos at lunchtime but gave up with the effort needed from a phone on this site still - I'll sort through a few from my camera later.

Hope you all had a good day and stayed hydrated.

Driving home on the vinyl seats was luvely!!
      '65 289 "A" Code GT Optioned Coupe, with 4spd Toploader and Arvinode exhaust - sounds great! :D :gears

Comment

Once again Dave please pass on our thanks to the base organisers for a great day and well done all the Barrett’s for help organising the passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Editor Round Up
        2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
        2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
        1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

Not long arrived home took just over 3 hrs (damn M25). I managed to get a nice pic of my car in front of the chinook before it got too crowded. Here’s a few others I took . Thanks to all who helped to make this day possible keep up the good work !! Click image for larger version

Name:	073568B9-CD0F-4BD7-85FD-C0564FE7B31D.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1236552Click image for larger version

Name:	501B3CA3-21A6-48CE-919B-C4E4676EE1A2.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1236553Click image for larger version

Name:	B76994D6-FE71-4F5E-B541-485286F8D0E8.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1236554Click image for larger version

Name:	445A76D0-FF60-4A43-882D-3A48FA0DB34C.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	1236555
          1999 SN95 New Edge Anniversary Edition

Comment

Thanks to all involved in making today happen, good to see people and meet some others. Has to be said it was rather on the hot side, I think they could have made money renting out the shade under the trees!
            Drive home was a proper pain, although my journey was only 32 miles it took me 2 hours! Sat behind a tractor for 10 miles then the rest of the time not moving on the M4. On the up side I had a quick chat with a fellow driver stuck in the same traffic as me, he was driving the last 427 Cobra which came out of the Shelby workshop, The car didn't seem to mind the heat but the driver was certainly somewhat on the hot side, wish I had taken a photo.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
            1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
            2005 Mustang GT 2014-
            2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Just got home nearly 5 hours after leaving, my battery problem returned and the very nice man from the AA diagnosed a faulty alternator. Driving an auto with a completely dead battery and no alternator was fun, you never knew what gear, if any it was going to select before it just died.

anyway, a great day and a big thanks to Dave and John for the organisation, very much appreciate the invite the club gets each year to this great day out.

thanks again
              sigpic
              2004 GT Convertible Shadow Gray

Membership Secretary MOCGB

My Photo Website

Comment

Originally posted by RJM View Post
                Just got home nearly 5 hours after leaving, my battery problem returned and the very nice man from the AA diagnosed a faulty alternator. Driving an auto with a completely dead battery and no alternator was fun, you never knew what gear, if any it was going to select before it just died.

anyway, a great day and a big thanks to Dave and John for the organisation, very much appreciate the invite the club gets each year to this great day out.

thanks again
                Buy a new battery, this lot are usually a good price. https://www.tayna.co.uk/

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

A bit annoyed I couldn't make it but did want to risk driving too far in this heat with a slight misfire at speed....I didn't fancy a few hours on the side of the M4 if it went wrong!!

Comment

Buy a new battery, this lot are usually a good price. https://www.tayna.co.uk/
                    Thanks Dave, will have a look although the AA reckon the battery is ok, it was taking a good charge when he gave it a boost to get me the lastb7 miles home
                    sigpic
                    2004 GT Convertible Shadow Gray

Membership Secretary MOCGB

My Photo Website

Comment

Originally posted by RJM View Post

Thanks Dave, will have a look although the AA reckon the battery is ok, it was taking a good charge when he gave it a boost to get me the lastb7 miles home
                      It might take a good charge but will it keep it?
                      If your alternator is completely knackered it should throw up an engine or charge light.
                      Mind you saying that my faulty alternator throw up an engine light but gave a fault code for cam position sensor.

The battery would keep going flat on Dylan's old Land Rover which I swore blind it would be the dynamo not being man enough to power the lights ………… it was the battery ( found that out after I fitted a recon Dynamo!)
                      Last edited by Anaconda; 25-07-2019, 09:19 PM.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

Obviously the day for it, took us around 2 hours to get home as A34 was jammed and we went off onto the country roads but they were really busy too. Car was running quite hot and transmission didn't like the heat and didn't want to shift from 1st to 2nd properly.

Anyhow good day out, thanks to Dave/John/Dan.....just a little hot!

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
                        http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

Hot! But really enjoyed seeing you all.

Richard, I have always believed that once a car battery has been drained excessively it damages the cells. The chemical reaction that occurs in the battery is reversed when charging. If the reaction has gone too far it is difficult to reverse an so the battery can never reach full capacity.

Any less than 10.5v and I believe the battery will have suffered damage.

Comment

Richard, if you need an SN95 battery a lot of us are now running Yuassa YBX3113 batteries:

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/t...26#post1043526

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/t...cement-battery

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
                            http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

Thanks to all involved in making today happen, good to see people and meet some others. Has to be said it was rather on the hot side, I think they could have made money renting out the shade under the trees!
                              Drive home was a proper pain, although my journey was only 32 miles it took me 2 hours! Sat behind a tractor for 10 miles then the rest of the time not moving on the M4. On the up side I had a quick chat with a fellow driver stuck in the same traffic as me, he was driving the last 427 Cobra which came out of the Shelby workshop, The car didn't seem to mind the heat but the driver was certainly somewhat on the hot side, wish I had taken a photo.
                              I hope the tractor was a John Deer mate..

Yes it was very hot, but nice to meet up with new people.
                              Journey to Weymouth was four hours mainly through the New forest.. Bummer.

Many thanks to the organisers for this event.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi guys, I really feel for all of your troubles with getting home yesterday. Certainly the heat had a lot to be held accountable for with the shortening of the flying display due to concerns of those watching getting to hot & dehydrated. Believe they had several cases in the Medical tents.certainly had few cases of wasp stings, including my wife Maggie, who had bad sting. Myself & Angie also getting stung later in day.
                                on the whole best was made of the heatwave conditions & hopefully everyone enjoyed looking at the cars. Sorry we could not sit by them & chat to those looking.
                                dave, thankyou again for the arranging of passes for show, especially the second set for me to collect. Incidentally the ones posted have not arrived home.

Comment

Working...
                                X