X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• middlemas287
    started a topic RAF Odiham Families Day - 2019- 25th July

RAF Odiham Families Day - 2019- 25th July

The annual RAF Odiham families day will be on 25th July this year (yes I know, another random date - got to keep people guessing)

What is this?
    RAF Odiham is the Home of the Chinook helicopter force in the U.K., and hosts one day each year for the families of service persons working here.

But Iím not a service person?
    Correct- but there is always a ground Ďstaticí display on these days, and showing off out cars for the benefit of others means that we can be exhibitors!

Oh? That sounds interesting?!
    Indeed it is! We almost always have multiple flying displays from the chinook display team (obviously...) BBMF, typhoons display team, red arrows (commitments depending) and various warbirds/civilians displays etc...

What does it cost?
    Nothing! This is a private event held for the benefit of raf Odiham perssonell, we act as exhibitors. If you wish to make a donation to any of the forces charities we will always welcome that.

So, this will be the Ďinterestí thread- I will make a better thread when Iím back in the U.K. in a month or so.

Those who have been before, please chime in with your experiences/photos.

Any questions etc please send them to me, or add them to this thread if relevant to all.

cheers, Dave

• P-51
    replied
    Thanks to Dave and John again for organising. Looking forward to this.

Question; Can we bring the dog?

Leave a comment:

• Anaconda
    replied
    Thanks John, thanks Dave.

Leave a comment:

• RJM
    replied
    Thanks John

Leave a comment:

• Night Hawk
    replied
    Great John - thank you very much ! (and Dave for all the organising to get us into this great event !)

Leave a comment:

• mgcobra
    replied
    Originally posted by middlemas287 View Post
    UPDATE TIME!

Tickets have been sent out to Mgcobra for the day!

please remember to bring photo ID in order to get onto the base

due to the organisers wanting to streamline the day all persons will need to get onto the base for 0800 approx! Sorry itís so darn early- think theyíre trying to reduce the build up of traffic at the main gate.

Iíll let John jump in with a meet-up plan, but if not sure the Tescoís in hook is a good start- with a nice big car park!

thanks Dave for your continued efforts to sort things out even though your away on holiday.

okay everyone, as Dave mentions we need to be on base by 0800 hrs. I know this is an early start for majority of you coming. I believe we need to be at Tescoís car park in Hook by 0730 to recieve you passes. Be ready to leave at 0745hrs.
    i will in next week PM all the lead members on list with mine & Son Dans numbers in case anyone needs to phone on the morning.

the Tesco address is. Tesco Superstore
    Station Road
    Hook RG27 9JE. (Next to Railway Station)

Leave a comment:

• middlemas287
    replied
    UPDATE TIME!

Tickets have been sent out to Mgcobra for the day!

please remember to bring photo ID in order to get onto the base

due to the organisers wanting to streamline the day all persons will need to get onto the base for 0800 approx! Sorry itís so darn early- think theyíre trying to reduce the build up of traffic at the main gate.

Iíll let John jump in with a meet-up plan, but if not sure the Tescoís in hook is a good start- with a nice big car park!

Leave a comment:

• middlemas287
    replied
    Too late now Iím afraid- the full list has been put in (and Iím on holiday!)

Leave a comment:

• Healeywheeley
    replied
    Hi is it still possible to bring my S550 and the family along?

Colin

Leave a comment:

• middlemas287
    replied
    Iíll make sure someone can get the tickets out to you John.
    Ill osrt that today/tomorrow for you

Leave a comment:

• mgcobra
    replied
    Originally posted by middlemas287 View Post
    John, yes please- if youíre available to collect them? Iím off to America now, so will be unavailable. Ill let the organisers know so you can collect them
    Okay Dave. If you recall last year the main gate would not hold them for me to collect. You had I think a squadron leader meet with me outside gate.
    If you can let me have a contact hone number of who might have tickets, also have you a final list of who is entered.
    when do you actually go away?
    i would collect tickets on Wednesday afternoon, we have hotel that night in hook

Leave a comment:

• middlemas287
    replied
    John, yes please- if youíre available to collect them? Iím off to America now, so will be unavailable. Ill let the organisers know so you can collect them

Leave a comment:

• mgcobra
    replied
    That makes sense Dave. So we are slightly further down from last year. Dave any details as yet if you would like me to collect tickets again.

Leave a comment:

• middlemas287
    replied
    Yes, Families Flying - (unless youíre a direct member of family of a service person at Odiham you canít go flying Iím afraid!)

Leave a comment:

• mike67fb
    replied
    Originally posted by mgcobra View Post
    what is area FF Dave?
    I would take a punt that its "Family Flights".....all the people heading onto the Chinooks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X