X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJM
    replied
    Originally posted by mike67fb View Post
    Richard, if you need an SN95 battery a lot of us are now running Yuassa YBX3113 batteries:

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/t...26#post1043526

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/t...cement-battery
    Thanks Mike, and Dave, New Battery for Tanya Batteries Ordered and an Alternator just need to fit them now

Leave a comment:

• ALLAN R
    replied
    Originally posted by SurreyXedos View Post
    Air con? - air con! - thank god for the quarter lights!!

Eeh, when I were a lad...
    Well I'm getting on a bit now. Somehow my 65 never feels as hot inside as a modern car and I do like quarter lights - a sad omission on modern cars.

Leave a comment:

• SurreyXedos
    replied
    Air con? - air con! - thank god for the quarter lights!!

Eeh, when I were a lad...

Leave a comment:

• ALLAN R
    replied
    Thanks to everyone for organising this event. A good day out. Pity the weather was so hot as it really was uncomfortable watching the airshow out on the crowd line, so I can understand curtailing the flying. The M25 did its best not to disappoint me and the OAT gauge peaked at 107F but the car was fine and thank god for the AC.

Leave a comment:

• JAR
    replied
    Thanks Dave for organising and John and Dan - great event, didn't get the post about umbrella's etc and consequently we melted in the sun, by 10am I was battling. The base pub was selling beers for 1.00 and soft drinks for 50p and only discovered that in the afternoon

Left a bit early and although hot it was a traffic free trip home.

Leave a comment:

• mgcobra
    replied
    Hi guys, I really feel for all of your troubles with getting home yesterday. Certainly the heat had a lot to be held accountable for with the shortening of the flying display due to concerns of those watching getting to hot & dehydrated. Believe they had several cases in the Medical tents.certainly had few cases of wasp stings, including my wife Maggie, who had bad sting. Myself & Angie also getting stung later in day.
    on the whole best was made of the heatwave conditions & hopefully everyone enjoyed looking at the cars. Sorry we could not sit by them & chat to those looking.
    dave, thankyou again for the arranging of passes for show, especially the second set for me to collect. Incidentally the ones posted have not arrived home.

Leave a comment:

• willi
    replied
    Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
    Thanks to all involved in making today happen, good to see people and meet some others. Has to be said it was rather on the hot side, I think they could have made money renting out the shade under the trees!
    Drive home was a proper pain, although my journey was only 32 miles it took me 2 hours! Sat behind a tractor for 10 miles then the rest of the time not moving on the M4. On the up side I had a quick chat with a fellow driver stuck in the same traffic as me, he was driving the last 427 Cobra which came out of the Shelby workshop, The car didn't seem to mind the heat but the driver was certainly somewhat on the hot side, wish I had taken a photo.
    I hope the tractor was a John Deer mate..

Yes it was very hot, but nice to meet up with new people.
    Journey to Weymouth was four hours mainly through the New forest.. Bummer.

Many thanks to the organisers for this event.

Leave a comment:

• mike67fb
    replied
    Richard, if you need an SN95 battery a lot of us are now running Yuassa YBX3113 batteries:

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/t...26#post1043526

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/t...cement-battery

Leave a comment:

• wrooty
    replied
    Hot! But really enjoyed seeing you all.

Richard, I have always believed that once a car battery has been drained excessively it damages the cells. The chemical reaction that occurs in the battery is reversed when charging. If the reaction has gone too far it is difficult to reverse an so the battery can never reach full capacity.

Any less than 10.5v and I believe the battery will have suffered damage.

Leave a comment:

• mike67fb
    replied
    Obviously the day for it, took us around 2 hours to get home as A34 was jammed and we went off onto the country roads but they were really busy too. Car was running quite hot and transmission didn't like the heat and didn't want to shift from 1st to 2nd properly.

Anyhow good day out, thanks to Dave/John/Dan.....just a little hot!

Leave a comment:

• Anaconda
    replied
    Originally posted by RJM View Post

Thanks Dave, will have a look although the AA reckon the battery is ok, it was taking a good charge when he gave it a boost to get me the lastb7 miles home
    It might take a good charge but will it keep it?
    If your alternator is completely knackered it should throw up an engine or charge light.
    Mind you saying that my faulty alternator throw up an engine light but gave a fault code for cam position sensor.

The battery would keep going flat on Dylan's old Land Rover which I swore blind it would be the dynamo not being man enough to power the lights it was the battery ( found that out after I fitted a recon Dynamo!)
    Last edited by Anaconda; 25-07-2019, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RJM
    replied
    Originally posted by Anaconda View Post

Buy a new battery, this lot are usually a good price. https://www.tayna.co.uk/
    Thanks Dave, will have a look although the AA reckon the battery is ok, it was taking a good charge when he gave it a boost to get me the lastb7 miles home

Leave a comment:

• stevec2004
    replied
    A bit annoyed I couldn't make it but did want to risk driving too far in this heat with a slight misfire at speed....I didn't fancy a few hours on the side of the M4 if it went wrong!!

Leave a comment:

• Anaconda
    replied
    Originally posted by RJM View Post
    Just got home nearly 5 hours after leaving, my battery problem returned and the very nice man from the AA diagnosed a faulty alternator. Driving an auto with a completely dead battery and no alternator was fun, you never knew what gear, if any it was going to select before it just died.

anyway, a great day and a big thanks to Dave and John for the organisation, very much appreciate the invite the club gets each year to this great day out.

thanks again
    Buy a new battery, this lot are usually a good price. https://www.tayna.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• RJM
    replied
    Just got home nearly 5 hours after leaving, my battery problem returned and the very nice man from the AA diagnosed a faulty alternator. Driving an auto with a completely dead battery and no alternator was fun, you never knew what gear, if any it was going to select before it just died.

anyway, a great day and a big thanks to Dave and John for the organisation, very much appreciate the invite the club gets each year to this great day out.

thanks again

Leave a comment:

Working...
X