Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Chelsea cruise 1975

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    First Chelsea cruise 1975


    #2
     

    Comment


      #3
       

      Comment


        #4
        Looks like a battle between super cars, Ferrari’s ,
        Lambos etc which I can’t take seriously, modern BMWs and Mercs with the drivers revving the engines, Hot Rods which I personally don’t like , and American muscle cars which I do like. Truth is probably that as it was May 30th and we were still under lockdown that none of them should really have been there, and the event should have been postponed.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Dave T View Post
          Looks like a battle between super cars, Ferrari’s ,
          Lambos etc which I can’t take seriously, modern BMWs and Mercs with the drivers revving the engines, Hot Rods which I personally don’t like , and American muscle cars which I do like. Truth is probably that as it was May 30th and we were still under lockdown that none of them should really have been there, and the event should have been postponed.
          True Dave to be honest I think he’s got the date wrong because a friend invited me to one the weekend before this one just gone. He’s got a classic ford Mexico and said there was going to be a big presence there. I put the 1975-2020 as a comparison I thought some might find interesting ​​​​​​ I couldn’t of possibly gone to that one lol

          Comment


            #6
            I wonder how many of those original cars from the 70’s are still around ?
            Iised to go to the Cruise back in the late 70’s with my big brother in his mates Chevy Imparla, great monster of a car.
            Took my Hotrod a few years back and it was mainly “fast fords” from the 80’s ....... not enough Hotrods, yanks and customs.
            Current Mustang Red 1965 Coupe - Previous Mustangs 2008 S197, 1965 Coupe

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Scaf View Post
              I wonder how many of those original cars from the 70’s are still around ?
              Iised to go to the Cruise back in the late 70’s with my big brother in his mates Chevy Imparla, great monster of a car.
              Took my Hotrod a few years back and it was mainly “fast fords” from the 80’s ....... not enough Hotrods, yanks and customs.
              A few guys I know said it was mainly classic fast fords ( which I do really like tbh) it would be nice to know completely agree

              Comment


                #8
                I used to go to the Chelsea Cruise back in the 80s I first attended in my Mk 2 Capri with the Back window Louvers White Fury Dice hanging from the Mirror and CB Radio
                Then I got myself a 76 Chevy Camaro and had that as a daily driver for 4, 1/2 years and used to regularly attend the meets. I once nearly got busted for doing a burnout on Chelsea bridge just before the Tea hut Pulled over, all documents correct and was on my way with a warning

                But then things changed for the worse up there. The introductions of Bus lanes, Mountains they call speed ramps on Prince of Wales Drive the parks police moving people on and if they didn't like your car you were not allowed into the park drive and then you had complaints from residents about traffic noise and congestion. Also the Burger bars that used to be in the Kings Road along with the trendy shops and Bars all closed down, so people stopped hanging out there in the evenings.
                I agree about Supercars and BMWs Merc's with Tinted windows etc, That has nothing to do with the Chelsea cruise and neither do the Barry boys in their escorts IMO

                It all stemmed from that Great Film American Graffiti, but what with all the cameras and Restrictions now in London + the Covid 19 crisis, I would not dream of attending anymore

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by 92 GTS-R View Post
                  I used to go to the Chelsea Cruise back in the 80s I first attended in my Mk 2 Capri with the Back window Louvers White Fury Dice hanging from the Mirror and CB Radio
                  Then I got myself a 76 Chevy Camaro and had that as a daily driver for 4, 1/2 years and used to regularly attend the meets. I once nearly got busted for doing a burnout on Chelsea bridge just before the Tea hut Pulled over, all documents correct and was on my way with a warning

                  But then things changed for the worse up there. The introductions of Bus lanes, Mountains they call speed ramps on Prince of Wales Drive the parks police moving people on and if they didn't like your car you were not allowed into the park drive and then you had complaints from residents about traffic noise and congestion. Also the Burger bars that used to be in the Kings Road along with the trendy shops and Bars all closed down, so people stopped hanging out there in the evenings.
                  I agree about Supercars and BMWs Merc's with Tinted windows etc, That has nothing to do with the Chelsea cruise and neither do the Barry boys in their escorts IMO

                  It all stemmed from that Great Film American Graffiti, but what with all the cameras and Restrictions now in London + the Covid 19 crisis, I would not dream of attending anymore
                  Lovely story and fantastic insight thanks for sharing mate

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X