Americana International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americana International

Has anyone been to Americana International (Newark) in recent years?
    I haven't been for 8-9 years or so... Just wondering if anyone has been recently and if it's still worth a trip...? It used to be a good weekend but I can imagine it has probably been toned down a bit... Looks like it's planned for 4-5 Sep 2020

Americana, is a thing of the past, Sara. I remember we always parked up fairly close together.
    It hasn't happened for at least 7 years. They did try it at another venue, but it just didn't work. Chris (the organiser), has tried and tried to revive it, but has been thwarted at every attempt.
    He is hoping to host a smaller event somewhere, in 2021, but nothing on the scale of Americana, Newark.
    Very sad. We certainly had some good times there.

Anyway, how are you? . . . Still flying?

John
    sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

Hey john,

Yes I remember, its been a while! That's such a shame, it was such a crazy weekend I'd heard it had been moved around a bit and not as successful but then I found this link this year;

http://www.americana-international.info

...I was tempted to give it a go, in attempt to revive the old days!

I'm good thanks, yes still flying, still with Ryanair. How are you keeping?

Sara

Comment

No tickets available so maybe it’s not happening.
        2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
        2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
        2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Oh yes, I hadn't tried to get tickets but it does say no dates available for it if you try and book

Comment

Originally posted by Sara 68 Coupe View Post
            Hey john,

Yes I remember, its been a while! That's such a shame, it was such a crazy weekend I'd heard it had been moved around a bit and not as successful but then I found this link this year;

http://www.americana-international.info

...I was tempted to give it a go, in attempt to revive the old days!

I'm good thanks, yes still flying, still with Ryanair. How are you keeping?

Sara
            Hey, Sara,
            We're all good, thanks.
            Be careful with the "Americana International" show adverts. I think someone has muscled in on the name, and there could be a legal case in progress. Chris Jackson has the rights to the name.

Chris had a smaller show planned this year, I think it was to be "Americana Reunion", but due to the Covid 19 situation, it has been postponed to next year.

Stay safe, Sara, Nice to be in touch again,

John
            sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

Originally posted by suzyfan View Post

Hey, Sara,
              We're all good, thanks.
              Be careful with the "Americana International" show adverts. I think someone has muscled in on the name, and there could be a legal case in progress. Chris Jackson has the rights to the name.

Chris had a smaller show planned this year, I think it was to be "Americana Reunion", but due to the Covid 19 situation, it has been postponed to next year.

Stay safe, Sara, Nice to be in touch again,

John
              Looking at the website it says

"So firstly, let's talk about who...We are Ashfield Promotions Ltd. For many years we have run the Bulldog Bash at Stratford on Avon, until sadly the site was sold. We have many years experience in the entertainment & festival industry."

"WE HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH THE ORIGINAL ORGANISERS OF THE AMERICANA INTERNATIONAL."

So clearly another company using the name!

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
              http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

Looks like, with that declaration, they're trying to swerve any legal action.
                I know Chris owns the rights to the name and he was less than impressed, when he saw this outfit using it.

John

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

Working...
                X