The Goat revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goat revisited

Today I decided to visit The Goat to see whether or not people had started drifting back as restrictions are slowly lifting. On arrival (about 1 o’clock) there was a smattering of cars, most of which I hadn’t seen before. I noticed that the pub was still closed so took a closer look at the front door. I will post up the photos later but you might be interested to see the note that was on the door.
    Last edited by mick the hat; 06-09-2020, 01:21 PM.
    . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

Fair enough, probably trying to keep the locals happy.

Comment

So they don't approve of the car meet then?
      1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code
      1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_B View Post
        So they don't approve of the car meet then?
        The pub does but it is looking out for their locals and don’t want to be seen as “part of a problem”. See my answer to Roy under the photos . How’s your luck since being made redundant mate?

Comment

Originally posted by mick the hat View Post

The pub does but it is looking out for their locals and don’t want to be seen as “part of a problem”. See my answer to Roy under the photos . How’s your luck since being made redundant mate?
          I'm freelancing 2 days a week for the company I used to work for and have a few other projects on the go, so not too bad. Not earning what I was though. Hope all is good with you. Have you found a Mustang yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_B View Post

I'm freelancing 2 days a week for the company I used to work for and have a few other projects on the go, so not too bad. Not earning what I was though. Hope all is good with you. Have you found a Mustang yet?
            Glad to hear you’re surviving. Hopefully when this madness ends, life will return to normal for you. As for my search, two flies in that ointment. Firstly, health issue that need to be resolved and secondly, all these rich people looking for somewhere safe to invest their money pushing regular mustang prices beyond the reach of “ordinary” people. Consider what you sold yours for when I came to see you and how much that model is fetching now. It’s vey quickly becoming the preserve of the rich. I recall looking at a near perfect ‘66 coupe in 2014 which was being offered at 14k. Now projects are being offered for that. Crazy! ‘69/‘70 fast backs used to go for around 14-15k, not now. I may have to resign myself to being a viewer. Such is life. I can still go to the shows and enjoy looking. Take care of yourself and I hope things turn around for you. (You only have to look at what has happened to Chris at HorsePowerKustoms -see “Man Down” in General - to realise some things are more important!)

Comment

Originally posted by mick the hat View Post

It’s vey quickly becoming the preserve of the rich. I recall looking at a near perfect ‘66 coupe in 2014 which was being offered at 14k. Now projects are being offered for that. 69/70 fast backs used to go for around 14-15k, not now. I may have to resign myself to being a viewer. Such is life.
              Nothing stays the same for ever. I'm sure there will be some bargains to be had in the next year or so. Usually when people's circumstances change and they're forced to sell their classic car at a lower price to pay bills. I remember the classic car price crashes of 1991 and to a less extent 2008. Winter is also a good time to buy like a week before Christmas.

Comment

Working...
              X