Cotswold Airport Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotswold Airport Meet

Has anyone been attending this? It’s on Saturdays apparently. Any good? Interested in seeing the planes mainly Is it compliant with current govt waffle? Could be a nice run out of weather permits.
    2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
    2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
    2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Yes, I went on Saturday. It's an idea from member Richard Bradley (not on this forum) who is very protective of himself under the present circumstances due to his age and medical issues. Therefore he only feels safe in the big outdoors.
    He will be up at the AV8 restaurant from 11am so long as the weather is reasonable. The restaurant itself is closed but their tea/ coffee/ burger/ cake van is just outside and can vouch that it's good scoff. It's on the north side of the airfield accessed from the A433 Cirencester to Tetbury road, roughly half way between. Take the sign for Jackaments Bottom then once on the airfield follow the signs for AV8.
    There were six of us there on Saturday and the cars attracted a lot of attention. The last 747 to fly in can be seen easily from the viewing area by AV8. The long line up of 747's are alongside the A429 about a mile west of Kemble village. You will need to park in the big lay-by on the left and walk as there's nowhere legit to stop nearer.

Alan

Comment

Sounds good, I may pop along then, glad there’s another 197 in attendance. Are you going this weekend?

Comment

If it’s not raining, or not likely to rain, then I will. There’s no shelter should it rain. There’s a portaloo though should you get caught short.

Alan

Comment

I went there a few weeks back, really good atmosphere with quite a few different car and bike meets on a Saturday. Hopefully the weathers not too bad this weekend might attend

Comment

Great thanks guys, nice to know club members are going.

Comment

Looks like the weather's going to be crap this Saturday so shan't be going unless the forecast is hopelessly wrong. The following Saturday I'm at an event at Castle Combe and the one after that I'm having my passenger airbag done on recall. Going to be a while before I make it up there again!

Alan

Comment

Same, not going in crap weather. Car doesn’t come out the garage if there’s rain forecast. I’m going to go on a jolly go Exeter in the daily instead I think.

Comment

Working...
                X