X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kev,
    You have a PM

John
    sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

hi.

putting my gearbox back on today.

so if all goes well i will be there sunday :gears
      ADZ - 1994 MODIFIED MUSTANG

Comment

Hi
        Do you have any further details regarding Sunday !!!

Steve

Comment

Sunday Update:

It looks like we have a designated parking space on the main seafront just south of the Joyland American Diner / fun area.

Just to answer a couple of PM messages. I'm not involved with the organisation of the event. I was simply asked to bring it to the attention of Mustang owners via the club forum. And secondly, I'm sorry to say, the weather forecast is bloody grim.
          Still, they have been known to be wrong before.

I will try and be there around 10am, so look for the two LX convertibles, and that will be our parking spot.

John
          sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

Just been for a trip to the filling station and seen 3 Pontiacs (2 on the road, 1 on hotel car park) so it looks like they will be well represented tomorrow.

I've been advised that if arriving after 10.00am, the best way to approach the venue will be from south to north along Marine Parade.
            The police will be closing the sea front to all regular traffic especially for the event.

South to North means that the beach / sea is on your right side.
            If coming into Gt.Yarmouth from the Norwich direction, the easiest way to do it is to go straight over the first roundabout at the end of the Acle straight (A47), then get in right hand lane and turn right at the second roundabout. Just follow that road straight down, keeping the river on your right
            Go all the way to the harbours mouth and go round the fairly tight left hand bend. You are then heading down the sea front in the right direction. Just keep going until you reach the Joyland complex on your right.

John

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

The Empire car park has been set aside for us.
              There's room for plenty of Mustangs on there AND it's not raining yet. :)

John

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

It's xxxxistantly presipitating down in Norwich now John....Hope the weather holds for this event.

Kev

Comment

Hi Kev,
                  well, the weather totally washed the event out. It rained constantly until about 3pm, when most of the hardy souls who had braved the weather had already left for home.
                  The organisers were recieving phone calls all morning from people cancelling and in the end very few cars turned out.
                  Great credit to the Pontiac boys though, they made a real effort and even came from as far away as Plymouth.

Heres a few pics I managed to get after the rain had stopped and most people had gone home.

It's a real shame because with some decent weather and a good turnout, this could have been an excellent event.

John

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

This on again this year John
                    1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                    2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                    2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Hi Geoff,
                      I think it is. Last year was a total wash out but as far as I know, the organizers are going to give it another shot.
                      The time of year is always going to be a bit of a problem, but the local council won't really allow any events to take place while the holiday season is on.

I'll post information as details start to come in. Thanks for your interest.

John

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

Working...
                      X