Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midlands Meets: East, Central and West Midlands

Hello, folks,

I am an Admin for the Midlands Mustangs (MM) Facebook group, as well as MOCGB Midlands Area Sec.

Due to the increase in MM members and their geographical spread, they have adopted the strategy of having two meets per month. This will save members having a 150 mile round trip to a meet on the other side of the area. East meets are accessible to Central members and vice versa. Similarly with West and Central. Of course, members can just go to their local meet once a month.

The Saturday timing (arrive around 11:00) is to help those who want to go to football, rugby or cricket matches. They can still do so after the meet.

MOCGB members are more than welcome to join in at any of them and you are welcome to ask for further details

Here are the next meets:

MM East Meet - Sat 14th July, 10:30 -14:00. Trentside, Gunthorpe, Nottingham NG14 7FB
    MM West meet - Sat 14th July, 10:30 -14:00. Seven Stars, Cannock Rd, Brocton, Stafford ST17 0SU
    MM Central meet - Sat 28th July. 11:00 -14:00. Fox Inn, Lichfield Rd, Hopwas, Tamworth B79 7SH

Phill
    Last edited by birchyboy; 16-07-2018, 05:05 PM.
    "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones" John Cage, American composer.
    2007 Shelby Mustang GT500, black, extensive mods.

Phill, that's a good spread of venues and having lived in and around mid staffs for 40yrs I know all to well at least 2 of them !

Shame I had to move down to East Sussex 3yrs ago,

Well done for getting them sorted, hopefully on one of my trips back to see the folks I might eventually get to one.
    Chris
    sigpic
    Mind if I adjust your shift stick?

Comment

Thanks

Chris,

Thanks for the support, even if remotely!

It's a bit hard for a start, due probably to inertia. It needs to build up, even if slowly. The main problem is that, with numbers that are too small, there's no incentive for others to join in :((

We'll see what happens by the end of summer...

Phill
      "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones" John Cage, American composer.

Comment

Meet 26th

Hi I can be at the fox at hopwas meet on the 26th would be my first time

Comment

Is there a meet at the Fox at Hopwas anytime soon ?
          Cheers Brett
          sigpic

Comment

There's a meet this Saturday 14th July at the Unicorn, Gunthorpe 11am:

https://www.unicornhotelpub.co.uk

It's easy to find by the A6097 overlooking the Trent and not far from the A46.
            1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
            2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
            2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Any of these meets still going on Im up in the chesterfield area quite reg other half lives there also up for two weeks from this weekend

Comment

Next meet at the Fox Inn

Originally posted by Brett View Post
                Is there a meet at the Fox at Hopwas anytime soon ?
                Cheers Brett

Bret,

The next Fox Meet is the joint MOCGB and Midlands Mustangs one - Sat 28th July. 11:00 -14:00. Fox Inn, Lichfield Rd, Hopwas, Tamworth B79 7SH

The proprietor is one of our very own owner/members, Lisa Jones

Best wishes

Phill

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by GeoffW View Post
                  There's a meet this Saturday 14th July at the Unicorn, Gunthorpe 11am:

https://www.unicornhotelpub.co.uk

It's easy to find by the A6097 overlooking the Trent and not far from the A46.
                  Geoff,

Thanks for that.

It was a good meet, with a brand new member, who has a dark green 'barn find' discovered in his father's garage. Well renovated too.

TTFN

Phill

Comment

You are welcome

Originally posted by Peter77 View Post
                    Hi I can be at the fox at hopwas meet on the 26th would be my first time
                    Peter,

You will be welcome at the Fox Inn. The Midlands group is very laid-back.

Lisa, who runs the Fox with her husband, is always up for Mustang meets - her father owns one and usually turns up.

We take over the Coton Road car park (the regular patrons use the Litchfield Road one).

I don't suppose you have a brother called Haydn, do you? We were at Uni together.

Best wishes

Phill

Comment

Sometimes ...

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
                      Any of these meets still going on Im up in the chesterfield area quite reg other half lives there also up for two weeks from this weekend
                      The closest to Chesterfield will be the Eastern Area meets, usually joint ones with the Midlands Mustangs Facebook group. Which area do you live in? The MM group has meets every two weeks - one central and two weeks later, one in the East and one in the West Midlands.

TTFN

Phill

Comment

I live in Herts and we go to the Herts meet when we can but the other half lives near chesterfield so Im up that way quite frequently .

MM East Meet - Sat 14th July, 10:30 -14:00. Trentside, Gunthorpe, Nottingham NG14 7FB every two weeks from this date ?

Comment

If gunthorpe is every 2 weeks then I may get down for the next one. Gunthorpe isn't far from me at all!
                          sigpic

Comment

Midlands MOCGB meets

Originally posted by cokecan View Post
                            If gunthorpe is every 2 weeks then I may get down for the next one. Gunthorpe isn't far from me at all!
                            Martin,

It's not always Gunthorpe, because that would mean some members in the Eastern area would always travel further than locals. We move it around - near one of the larger cities where MOCGB members live: Leicester, Nottingham, Derby. This keeps it in maybe a 20-25 mile radius.

You would also be welcome at the Fox Inn, which is usually well attended, although that's more than 35 miles from Nottingham.

TTFN

Phill

Comment

Originally posted by birchyboy View Post
                              Martin,

It's not always Gunthorpe, because that would mean some members in the Eastern area would always travel further than locals. We move it around - near one of the larger cities where MOCGB members live: Leicester, Nottingham, Derby. This keeps it in maybe a 20-25 mile radius.

You would also be welcome at the Fox Inn, which is usually well attended, although that's more than 35 miles from Nottingham.

TTFN

Phill
                              Thanks for the clarification.

35 miles is fine to stretch her legs a bit :)

I presume it's a mix of classic cars?

EDIT: just seen dates/times in the first post!
                              Last edited by cokecan; 26-07-2018, 07:51 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X