Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 V8 O2 sensors

Hi all,

I seem to have a faulty O2 sensor and I was wondering if anyone knows how easy they are to change on the car?

It is the upstream one and they do appear difficult to reach. A thorough search on the web doesn’t give me much help.

Has as anyone on here changed them?

Many thanks
    Aaron
    Attached Files

Looks like you have to drop the exhaust, also the advice is to buy NKT and not Bosch or Motorcraft, The front should be different to the rear but Ford changed to a one size fits all and nothing correctly, or so the internet says.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at NKT. I’m really worried the exhaust will be seized on.

Comment

it is possible to remove all 02 sensors without dropping the exhaust, it does make it easier if you remove the heat shields and use a 22mm open ended spanner
        [COLOR="#000000"]SEAN HYLAND 4.6 V8 KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGED
        MOCGB AREA SEC. FOR SCOTLAND
        www.american-muscle.co.uk[/url]
        www.mustanghirescotland.co.uk[/url]
        www.v8valeting.co.uk/[/url]
        www.atlanticsportscars.com/[/url]
        mike 07790823022

Comment

Thank you. I will give it a go. Wish me luck!

Comment

Do yourself a favour and get one of those proper crowsfoot sockets of the bay not the deep one.. We do loads and rarely will an open ender break it free without rounding off.

Comment

You’’re right. My father in law is going to lend me his

Comment

I think you should do a proper write up of how it goes, with photos of bleeding knuckles of course.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
                1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
                2005 Mustang GT 2014-
                2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

I certainly will if it all goes well. I tend to feel really sick when things go wrong. It baffles me because I have done some in-depth work on the car. I should have more confidence.

Comment

some 02 sensors you can just unplug the wire harness and use a sutible ring spanner well i did on my legacy , must admit on my saleen rears are easy to get to fronts not so easy spray with sutible release agent leave 5 to10 mins and be striaght and firm dont wrench it or be on the xxxx when using force be straight and true if that makes sence.
                    sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Understood! I have already started applying penetrating spray. Not got the parts yet

Comment

Went to start the job today. Noticed that the jubilee clip holding the intake to the throttle body was not done up leaving a bit of a gap. Air leak = poor AFR. Doh!

Comment

Working...
                        X