s197 rear disc retaining clips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s197 rear disc retaining clips

​proberly be changing rear disc's over winter and noticed today the rear discs have retaing clips 2 on each wheel studs (8 in total required ) to stop disc from moving coming off the picture is for a c make ford but shows what i am after as ford bible that some of us have dont list it or even show it on there drawing might the c max be the same? or where to get as rockauto/summit dont list or show in repair kits, no partnumber in bible,
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-F...-/182221859787
    sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Don't think you need them, holds the disc in place during manufacture to stop the disc from moving when attaching the brake parts.
    I could be wrong, sure someone else will pipe up otherwise.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-F...-/272721378563
      just found these so for 3quid give it a go
      sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Reasonably confident that the S197 has a bigger wheel stud than most UK Ford cars so might not fit, mind you cheap enough even if they don't fit, let us know how you get on.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
        1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
        2005 Mustang GT 2014-
        2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
          Don't think you need them, holds the disc in place during manufacture to stop the disc from moving when attaching the brake parts.
          I could be wrong, sure someone else will pipe up otherwise.

I've never put them back on, just not necessary.
          1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
          2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
          2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

197's are 1/2" the same as earlier models. The12mm may go on without splitting.
            S550 are 14mm.
            As others, they're for the sub assembly build up / production line.
            Stuart
            2014 GT/CS

Comment

have seen them on a few cars over the years before ie my old subaru and i didnt refit them like you guys if only for sub assembley to help manufactor whysell them as after market?
              my rear disc have dont 41k nearly not bad going really considering the weight the car has to stop (no not the fat driver b4 somebody says it lol)

Comment

You can just unscrew them and reuse, but why bother. Probably just some health and safety thing stop the disc dropping off onto your toe before the pad carrier is fitted.

Comment

Assembly safety detail. Just bin them. The wheel and caliper hold the disc on and once in place, I've never seen a disc come loose.

Comment

Agreed. Not needed. Mine didnít even have them on when I changed my discs.

Comment

Working...
                    X