Starter motor for 2008 4.0 v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter motor for 2008 4.0 v6

Hello all I hope I am OK asking this here as I am new to forums but recently got paid membership and thought I might as well make use of it.

I Have a 2008 4.0 v6 and I think my starter motor is on the way out and was wondering if there is anyway I can figure out a Bosch part number for a suitable replacement sourced in the uk or am I going to have to bite the bullet and pay 120 to get one from the states?
    I have a Bosch USA part number of SR7545N but would rather not have to import something as common as a starter when Surly there are plenty of them in the UK if only I can find the right part number. I would prefer a Bosch one as i have never had one fail in the past and most companies fit them as standard.

Any info or input is welcome
    Many thanks from Spuggy

Not sure why they would be plentiful over here but 112 (Bosch) from Rockauto sounds pretty good to me.
    Remember buying over here you, in general, end up paying more for a lesser quality part and extra fees on top.
    As a side note when my Focus starter stopped working I took it out, bashed it with a hammer and jumped it straight from a battery and its been fine ever since (5 years).

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

OK thanks Anaconda,
      I shall just get one from the states then, I just thought that a starter would be fitted to multiple cars like a battery is not car specific you just need one the same, I figured a small V6 4X4 somewhere might use the same starter if i could figure out which one. I would be able to get one in the UK I have noticed you have answered a couple of my daft questions in the past and I didn't respond but I am not used to forums so I am sorry if it seemed rude I just lost the thread and didn't know how to find it. now I do.

Thanks for your wisdom.

Comment

You're welcome, make sure you buy the right one for your transmission. Buying from Rockauto is dead easy and you can pay all fees at the check out (depending on what P&P you choose), you also have choice of new and remanufactured starter motors. Personally I would think your choice of a new Bosch one should be fine, Motorcraft is quite a lot more money.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

Forgot to mention are you sure its the starter motor? Alternator is a common problem on the GT cars and battery is a common problem on any car at this time of year.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

The missus has told me about rockautos so thats grand that you have brought them up too, I am hoping its the starter the battery is less than a year old and I got one of the guys at work to check the battery with a drop tester that measures the amps it can put out or at least thats I understood him to mean. the alternator is kicking out plenty that was checked with a multi meter. I had also thought it might be bad connection somewhere as the problem is intermittent. It starts fine 60% of the time with a nice strong crank but sometimes its turns over but slow and labours at certain point if you stop cranking and try again a couple of times eventually it springs to life and turns over no bother. I have had a few conserned looks in petrol stations as staff see it not starting lol. its got 60,000 miles on it now and my commute is an hour each way so it's not a case of little use or frequent short journeys and insuficcent time to recharge. I will deffinatly get one ordered from rockauto tonight.

Comment

Discount code for Rock Auto, if it's not too late;

Stuart
              2014 GT/CS

Comment

Hi, I previously had an 05 V6, my car did this, I swapped everything to no avail. I even put a 2000 cranking amp race car battery in it. I eventually found out that it’s a radio problem, sometimes the radio doesn’t power down/turn off after use and drains the battery. Ensure the radio is off before you turn the engine off and you shouldn’t have any further problems.
                2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
                2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
                2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

I fitted a new battery to my GT, it was flat within a week, duff battery.
                  As Musti says the S197 does tend to have a problem which could be radio connected that flattens the battery in a completely random manor. Never happened to me with my V6 but does happen with my GT. Sometimes it will be flat over night and other times I can leave it for months and its fine, only happens a couple of times a year so haven't really put a great deal of effort into finding out what it is.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

If you don't want to go to the USA for your parts then try US Automotive here in the UK (01234 273155). They get my S197 parts and they are reasonable on price. By the time you pay the shipping and duty on the starter motor you won't save a lot from the states. Also it is less risk if its the wrong part.

I've got to agree make sure you turn the radio off at the button before turning the ignition off.
                    Allan

Comment

My new battery on my 06 GT went flat this week. I think it's because I left my HVAC on, despite the fact that no fans could be heard whirring and all appeared to correctly stop when ignition turned off. Worth checking before spending on a starter.

Comment

Working...
                      X