New ignition key required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ignition key required

Having recently bought a 2007 Mustang and joined the club I have a question to ask of all techy bods. The car only has one ignition key and two remote fobs. Does anyone know where I can buy a new key thats able to be coded to the cars ignition system?

Let me know if you don’t sort this in 3 days.
    2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
    2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
    2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Welcome to the club and forum. You could try a local auto locksmith who might be able to supply a blank and also code it, let us know how you get on for future reference.

Comment

Thanks to you both for your input. No luck sourcing a key through auto locksmiths in this part of Essex. Found a USA site who can send a blank key with embedded chip for coding and will send to UK. I'm a skeptic when it comes to sites abroad unless proven reliable, so I'm not tempted to order. "Musti" are you able to shine any light on this from your initial posting please?

Comment

There are quite a few Mustang owners in Essex, I am sure one of them must have been through the same issue. If you have the original key I am sure there is a process you can follow to recode a new key. Give wrooty a PM as he had a fellow come round his house to supply a key and recode it, mind you that was in Maidenhead.
          As for buying from the US then certain websites can be trusted.
          Actually I am in a similar position to you as I have a spare key which fits my car but hasn't been coded so won't start it. I have never got round to doing anything about it, same with the spare remote, the original was lost when it went for a service (before I bought it). So, really I don't have any working spare key.

Comment

I’ll send an email for you
            2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
            2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
            2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input to my post. I had a random conversation with a a bloke who took a shine to my car and struck up conversation. He put me in touch with Castle Keys of Hadleigh (not to far from home), spoke to them and they are able to provide a key cut and coned to my one and only original.

Comment

Good result, thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                X