Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat runners - how do they come apart?

Morning
    My drivers seat runner jams part way along its length stopping the seat moving fully forward or backwards.
    It's a pain as my other half wants to use the car too and we can't adjust the seat far enough.

I've stripped the base, checked the usual suspects, but all the mechanical and electrical items are actually working OK. If I remove the moving mechanism from the RHS runner, it extends fully forward and backwards fine.
    I need to get the runner apart to check the internal ball bearings (I guess that's what is in there). As there is nothing obviously wrong looking from the outside and nothing jammed in there that I can see from outside either.
    There must be a knack to getting them apart, and rather than stab away with a screw driver I wondered if anyone else on here has had to take them apart too?
    Thanks in advance.
    Paul

Might be of some use;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foyifetaEJE

Stuart
    2014 GT/CS

Comment

Hi Stuart. Thanks for the YouTube link. I hadn't seen that one.
      The video shows a more 'robust' version of what I've done already. I will take the seat back out and be a bit more thorough with it, and use some lube more liberally.
      I'm nearly convinced that the RH runner is actually bent (no idea how).
      Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Comment

I scanned through a few videos and that was the only one that got to the Nitty Gritty of the issue..
        Failed / jammed motors seem to the most common issue.
        Might have to do a bit of preventative on mine, even if it's only to run them fully back / forward regularly.
        Stuart
        2014 GT/CS

Comment

Working...
        X