Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo Projector headlamps with no side to side adjustment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo Projector headlamps with no side to side adjustment.

Hi All,
    I have a 2005 Mustang and I replaced the headlamps with Halo Projectors from Anzo USA. It turns out that there is no side to side adjustment for the beam, and this is needed for the MOT. Does anyone know how I can fix this to make the lights MOT passable?
    Otherwise I will have wasted a lot of money and will need to get some different aftermarket headlamps. So while I am here if it comes to it, can anyone recommend some headlamps that are suitable for a 2005 Mustang? I do still have the Ford ones but they were drilled out by someone to try and fit side lights. Thanks a lot Paul

As standard the S197 has no side to side movement on the headlights so I doubt an aftermarket product would either.

They have no side bias so when we go to Europe there is no need to put any of those headlight sticker things on.

Is your MOT tester refusing to pass the car because of this?

Comment

The tester has let it go through this time, but wants it fixed. He may just refuse next time.

Comment

They're "Flat Beam" headlights, that's how they are.
        1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
        2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
        2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffW View Post
          They're "Flat Beam" headlights, that's how they are.
          Exactly this. See if you can chat to the tester about it as there is nothing you can do. Maybe even show him the stock lights.

It’s tricky because he is a professional and he is doing a job and no one ever wants to be told how to do their job.

Comment

Just found the original headlamps in the loft, as suggested I can take them to to show there is no side movement.
            Unfortunately this is the 2nd set of aftermarket headlamps I have used on this car ( the 1st set failed ). Although the 1st set had both raise and lower and side to side adjustment, so this particular MOT tester is familiar with at least 1 set of Mustang headlamps that can be adjusted both ways. If I had realised, I could have bought the same type again, but they had failed so I tried a different type.

Comment

If I go back to the stock headlights, they currently just have a hole in the bottom that used to be for a sidelight bulb. Should I buy a bulb holder and fix it in somehow, and would it be best to use an LED bulb? Also would an LED bulb holder be any different to a traditional one.
              There are loads on ebay and it is a bit of a minefield to know what to get. Thanks for the help everyone, it is much appreciated.

Comment

You will need a sidelight for the MOT so best to put something in. Usually side lights are mini bayonet type fittings and you can get LED and filament versions. 207 if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Side light bulb you can use a 501 bulb and suitable bulb holder, same as many side repeater lights.
                  My most recent S197 had aftermarket fog lamps in the front bumper, I used these as side lights when the rubbish halo headlamps failed

Comment

Detailed info here, https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-insp...#section-4-1-2
                    I'd go to a different MOT station next time, if I were you

Comment

Working...
                    X