super charger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super charger

hi guys I am thinking of getting a supercharger fitted to my 66 plate S550 , one question, when it is fitted do I have to get my bonnet modified in anyway , like a scoop in the bonnet to allow for the height or is it the same height as the stock engine after fitting

No need to modify the hood for any Supercharger installation. Weíve fitted around 20 at GT101 mostly Whipple. More than happy to talk you through the options if itís helpful.

Dave Jones
    GT101 Limited
    01206 562800
    Dave Jones

GT101 Limited
    www.gt101.co.uk

Comment

so are you saying the supercharger sits the same height as the stock engine when fitted, do you not need more air flow then for the supercharger, and what is the cost for a complete installation for a whipple and do you recommend the whipple
      Last edited by shaky01; 16-03-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

The Whipple, I believe is the better option, it is bolt on kit, you do not have to modify the front cover on the engine as you do with the Roush Supercharger.

The only slight drawback with any of the Superchargers is the strut tower brace will not fit with the supercharger.
        A lot of folk do not think they are necessary, but having had one for a couple of months now, I have noticed a difference when cotnering hard, the car just feels tighter, and being old skool makes me feel good

Having my supercharger fitted in a week or so, looking forward to it, ooh that tyre bill £££££££££

Both Whipple & Roush have fitting instructions available on their websites so you can see the difference.

Comment

A friend of mine had a Kenne Bell supercharger fitted to his S550 and the kit came with lower engine mounts so you didn't need to modify the bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin2300 View Post
            A friend of mine had a Kenne Bell supercharger fitted to his S550 and the kit came with lower engine mounts so you didn't need to modify the bonnet.
            You do not have to modify the bonnet to fit these.

Comment

anyone know the cost to get a whipple fitted , I have heard it is a good idea to change rear tyres too is that correct

Comment

I have roused stage 3 fitted and it has ford all over it and looks like it was fitted from new seen lots of others but do not think they look as good once fitted

remember to get oil pump pulleys done and think about suspension and exhaust

my car goes well and rides well, and also gets the power down without huge drama in the dry

just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by shaky01 View Post
                  anyone know the cost to get a whipple fitted , I have heard it is a good idea to change rear tyres too is that correct
                  You have to change the rear tyres when they are worn out from all that extra power, about a week

i saw a YouTube tyre test the other day, the Toyo R888 tyres gave about the best grip with the Superchargers, the problem is, so many other things effect the grip, they are a track day / road tyre, and it comes down to cost and tyre size. Have to go easy on the loud pedal.
                  I have the Michelin PS4S on my 2018, and so far been good, yes it does spin, but you have to want to make it spin, once you get used to it you can drive with enthusiasm and not smoke the tyres everywhere,

Try GT101 for fitting Dave Evans.

Comment

Originally posted by M400TOO View Post
                    I have roused stage 3 fitted and it has ford all over it and looks like it was fitted from new seen lots of others but do not think they look as good once fitted

remember to get oil pump pulleys done and think about suspension and exhaust

my car goes well and rides well, and also gets the power down without huge drama in the dry

just my opinion
                    i did hear once that the Roush are one of the best to fit to a mustang , what BHP does it give out now

Comment

i did hear once that the Roush are one of the best to fit to a mustang , what BHP does it give out now
                      Have a look at this link from their website, depending on kit, it shows BHP figures

https://www.roushperformance.com/par...-category.html

Comment

The Whipple supercharger gives more power, I personally think it is a better kit, see for yourself

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php
                        Last edited by Wonky; 17-03-2019, 08:55 AM. Reason: typing error

Comment

Oh gosh which one, maybe the fact of the franchise will influence your decision please note I am an actual driver of a fitted 720 hp Rousch fitted car so have no interest in commercial aspect itís a personal choice but Ford will keep engine warranty on kits fitted up to 600 odd so if you go that way then your covered mine has been in for nearly 6k miles and no issues but remember only the brakes on the standard car are up to the job of handling the power so mods are needed to car so itís drivable not going to say what makes are on mine as I am sure someone will disagree as I said itís personal if your around Northampton PM me and you can see my car

MarkT

Comment

thanks guys for al the replies , I am not looking to make mine competition standard and I don't want to be buying new tyres every couple of weeks , just a bit more go and to be different from any other in my area , I already have an H pipe fitted and magnaflow muffler's , I will do some thinking and research over the next few weeks

Comment

... what is the cost for a complete installation for a Whipple?
                              The Whipple kit is available as a Stage 1 and Stage 2 kit. Stage 1 retains the stock throttle body and produces around 600hp - this kit is £8995 including VAT and fitting. The Stage 2 kit includes a larger throttle body along with bigger fuel injectors and produces 650hp. Stage 2 is £900 more than stage 1. These are power figures measured in the UK (usually rather different to the figures that the US advertise)

There are a few options on both kits such as colour (black is standard) and carbon fibre inlet tube and jack shaft cover at extra cost.

The kits are built to order - it takes about three weeks for the kit to be built from point of order (and payment) and about a week to get it over to us. The actual installation takes three days. So if you dropped the car with us on a Monday you'd have it back for the end of the week.

We have the Stage 1 kit on our demo car if you want to come and sample it at any time.

Dave Jones

GT101 Limited
                              www.gt101.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X