head lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head lights

this is my second post in the last few days I didn't want to get told off for asking 2 questions in the same post ha ha , our front head lights have 3 lines in them , are these the US side lights if so can we wire them up to work over here

Hi. I think that they were designed to be the DRLs, but there is some UK (poss EU) legislation about the distance from a DRL to the main headlight. The outer one is "just" outside of these limits. Therefore the factory UK adaption is to use the fog lamps - which IMHO look rubbish.

I have just fitted the FORD accessory lamps (see the FORD web site) which have an LED halo and are much brighter (better??!). Not cheap, but a good, warrantied solution. There are alternatives, and some owners have illuminated their "lines". Not sure what happens at MOT time...

Comment

Loads of people have had these adapted to work fitting LED bars instead of the reflectors I have not heard of any having issues at MOT time

Comment

Originally posted by shaky01 View Post
        this is my second post in the last few days I didn't want to get told off for asking 2 questions in the same post ha ha , our front head lights have 3 lines in them , are these the US side lights if so can we wire them up to work over here
        Lots of info/discussion here;

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/t...g-lights/page3

Comment

Working...
        X