Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gearbox pre face lift

Hi all.

Had a right to do with my local ford dealer. Originally wife took car in due to 6th gear issues, (sometimes have to hold it for around 1-2 secs before it pops into 6th) They fobbed my wife off saying that it seems normal, albeit a bit heavy and this is how Mustang gearboxes are. I called up and told them they talking **** as it wasn't like that when i bought it, explained issue again and was told "that doesn't sound right".
    Took my car in Monday 25/03/19 for them to examine and repair/replace my gearbox. Got a call on the weds, they got the gearbox out however they didn't have the "tool" to open it up, this would be with them on Friday.
    Got a call today that they need to replace 6th gear synchro as its knackered. Waiting until next week for parts from Germany.
    I am really pushing for a new gearbox as have told them that my 1st and 2nd gear are also extremely heavy to change but they cant see any damage or over wear, they are looking into it and going to ask Ford for approval.
    Do any of you guys have any tips on how I should got about this as I love the car but worrying it wont be like how it was pre gearbox issues?

Also courtesy car is a rose gold Fiesta

I always thought they just swap boxes out with reman units.
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Nah they wanted to repair mine but agreed yesterday they putting in a new box.

Comment

That's a bit of a result as then it shouldn't result in a trip again for 1st and 2nd gear issues in the future.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X