springs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

springs

hi guys i have nearly got my car sorted , it is booked in on the 28th to be supercharged , getting new tyres fitted next saturday and a new front wheel because i kerbed it yesterday doing a turn in the road grrrr , one more thing i am looking at it lowering springs , i want it lowered about 25mm . but i have noticed every set i have found seem to lower the car slightly more at the front then the rear , like on Nemisis there is a set , lowers the front 1.1 and the rear 1.0 is there a reason for this because i have measured mine and it is the same height front and rear

Most lower ever so slightly more in the front you will find, not by much, maybe 5mm - the rake in my opinion improves the presence a little. I have had both eibach Pro and steeda sport springs on my car and both lower more in the front than the back. The eibach were around 25mm front, 20 rear and the steeda around 30mm front and 25mm rear. Both great kits but I like the steeda as they're slightly lower and a little more forgiving as my local roads are crap. I do have a set of very lightly used (3k miles) eibach pros for sale if youre near Kent....

Comment

thanks for the reply , does it efect the handling much

Comment

I have the eibach ones on mine was the second mod I did to mine , ride is about same as stock but less role in corners car being lower and wider as I had spacers fitted too feels more planted and more so when I changed to PS4S tyres lol
        Its night and day in terms of how the car looks IMO

Comment

After lots and lots of debate, studying etc.,
          I went for the Eibach Pro Spacer Kit 25mm front 20mm Rear.. and Eibach Sportline Lowering Kit

Gives the perfect set up imo..and stance

20190307_150613 by Peter Tew, on Flickr
          20190307_150634 by Peter Tew, on Flickr
          20190307_150551 by Peter Tew, on Flickr

DSCN3525 by Peter Tew, on Flickr
          S550GT Grabber Blue 2018 Auto...:D
          1950 Shoebox Custom Hot Rod
          1967 Camaro SS 350
          1967 Mustang Fastback 302
          2005 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by snap on pete View Post
            After lots and lots of debate, studying etc.,
            I went for the Eibach Pro Spacer Kit 25mm front 20mm Rear.. and Eibach Sportline Lowering Kit

Gives the perfect set up imo..and stance

20190307_150613 by Peter Tew, on Flickr
            20190307_150634 by Peter Tew, on Flickr
            20190307_150551 by Peter Tew, on Flickr

DSCN3525 by Peter Tew, on Flickr
            Pete how do you find the springs and ride with them? Any rub or scraping bumps etc?

Comment

If anyone is looking for a set of Eibach Sportline springs we have a lightly used set going free at GT101 if you pay us to fit them (£207) - you’d also need to buy a set of camber bolts which are £21. Drop me a message if you’re interested.

David Jones
              david.jones@gt101.co.uk
              Dave Jones

GT101 Limited
              www.gt101.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X